Lattice install under the deck?

/ Lattice install under the deck? #11  
Before installing lattice, I would install diagonal bracing to each outside corner going in both directions.

/ Lattice install under the deck? #12  
We use a fine wire mesh to keep out leaves, snakes and mice.

/ Lattice install under the deck? #14  
I should have added it is like a fine chicken wire about 1/4 inch stapled to 2x4 treated pine, leaves are a fire hazard, mice like shelter and snakes like mice, we don't like either near the house but with horses and horse feed they are inevitable.

/ Lattice install under the deck? #15  
I should have added it is like a fine chicken wire about 1/4 inch stapled to 2x4 treated pine, leaves are a fire hazard, mice like shelter and snakes like mice, we don't like either near the house but with horses and horse feed they are inevitable.

:drink: . . . I understand bunyip . . .

/ Lattice install under the deck? #16  
I use 5/8" redwood lattice sandwiched between 1x4 redwood on all four sides. So the panel is 1x4 - 5/8 - 1x4. very stiff and also looks nice. The panel needs to be fastened on top and both sides but not the bottom. Make the width line up with other elements of the deck structure for the best appearance.

/ Lattice install under the deck? #17  
I have a deck that runs on 3 sides of the house. As someone mentioned above, I built a frame for each section to fasten the lattice to and strengthen it. This spring one of my projects was to take down all that lattice and install 4 mesh (1/4" opening) hardware cloth under the lattice, then put the lattice back up. That's because everything from snakes to skunks thought that under my deck was a fine place to hang out - they could get through the openings in the lattice just fine. The hardware cloth I installed has a black polyester coating on it, and once the lattice was back up it's pretty hard to tell the hardware cloth is even there without looking closely. Oh, and I dug a trench a good foot deep so the hardware cloth is that deep below ground level so the vermin can't easily dig down underneath it.

/ Lattice install under the deck? #18  
I just used plastic lattice. Depth was only about 400 - 500mm though. Wooden lattice would encourage termites. Main reason was tidy look and prevent my dogs from going under the porch.

/ Lattice install under the deck? #19  
I tried lattice on one deck. The pocket gophers found that it was an excellent place to come up and hide from my barn cats. The lattice came down. The lattice blocked air flow just enough to create a damp, mold-like area. The lattice came down and has stayed down.

/ Lattice install under the deck? #20  
I installed pressure treated lattice on mine-the hard part is keeping it from falling apart so have a staple gun on hand because when you cut it you remove some of the integrity. After I installed it I stained it the same as the deck, some just paint it. They do have some plastic lattice you can try but they are not stainable.