Leaking fuel

/ Leaking fuel #1  

Gregster613

Platinum Member
Southern Ca. halfway up a mountain in rural Ramona
Tractor
273 TYM. 2009 //Yardmachines 7 Speed Shift-on-the-goScotts L2048
Hello Klorinth,

I was trying to revive an old thread, but somehow I got bushwhacked and needed to start anew. Luckily, I copied my info and can just re-post.
I am reviving an old thread because mine is now doing the the same thing. My filter assembly is the same as yours. Did your tightening of the screw? - there are (3) screws on the assembly head - and you are quite correct - the manual or parts book does "nothing" to enlighten us! Do any good? I tightened both of the (2) lower hex headed bolt/screws and managed to "squish" out an apparent fiber washer - again, not even listed in the parts manual - and have not yet determined any result. After tightening, I used my machine for several hours and when parked - the filter assembly was dry on the outside. But, that might mean nothing as the drip "spot" only occurred after sitting cold for hours/days???

I now have my fuel valve lever in the 90 degree position as I "assume" that means off for fuel. i don't want to have to continue to remember to turn the valve off and on though...that would be a pain! So, did you ever have any positive or negative results???

Another thing is that my fuel line itself was lying against/rubbing the lower radiator water hose and had worn an "almost" hole in the water line! I would never have noticed that unless I was "looking" for it and whom would ever think they'd need to re-think engineers?!! Go figure!! Anyhow, I'd be interested in learning if you ever resolved your dilemma?
Thanks, Greg

/ Leaking fuel #2  
Greg,

Sorry for not responding I have not been around for a long time.
To be honest I didn't have much success I do think it slowed it down, it just didn't stop it. You are also right it needing go cool and sit before you can tell.
I wish I could give you more then that. Mine still has a slight leak in the same spot.

Good luck.