Lets get it right

/ Lets get it right #31  
As someone who's run a snow blower on both open and cabbed tractors, get the cab. In summer I had the option to either run the air conditioner or pop the doors off for fresh air tractoring.

/ Lets get it right #32  
KennyG my property is long and narrow so the chain drag will work. I don't expect to be in the woods much if any. Does the soft top fog up and become hazy over time?
Thanks for your time

After 8 years, the clear vinyl windows in mine have a few light scratches but are otherwise crystal clear. I do have the safety glass windshield which is optically better, of course. I keep the tractor inside and only have the cab on for 4 to 5 months a year.

/ Lets get it right #33  
Now the OP should ask what tires to have installed.........:stirthepot:
I think the cab/no cab question is cleared.

Up to the next topic, hydro or gear?

Tires will follow.

/ Lets get it right #34  
There are practically no bothersome insects here whatsoever, Winter temps seldom in the teens or Summer temp above 90. I have to get off my tractor frequently when I take it in the woods. So a cab makes zero sense for me. But for the OP's situation I think a B2650 with cab is the way to go.

/ Lets get it right
As someone who's run a snow blower on both open and cabbed tractors, get the cab. In summer I had the option to either run the air conditioner or pop the doors off for fresh air tractoring.

JJZ 109 I had said that I was new to this form and to show you how new.... I had no idea that the doors will pop off! Good information. Thank you. Thank you all.

/ Lets get it right
After 8 years, the clear vinyl windows in mine have a few light scratches but are otherwise crystal clear. I do have the safety glass windshield which is optically better, of course. I keep the tractor inside and only have the cab on for 4 to 5 months a year.

KennyG 8 years is a lot longer than I expected and its still working for you. I will have to consider that option/cost comparison then. Thanks

/ Lets get it right
Bavarian It will be HST for me. My only stick experience was a CJ-7 and that was 40 years ago. I'll have enough to learn having never been in a tractor.
I have already decided on the R14 tires. I may cross the lawn to get a fallen tree, but I wont be doing any mowing with it. Thanks for:stirthepot:

/ Lets get it right
Milo I may have picked the wrong area to retire. Thank you

/ Lets get it right #39  
JJZ 109 I had said that I was new to this form and to show you how new.... I had no idea that the doors will pop off! Good information. Thank you. Thank you all.

On some the doors come off and on some they don't. If you are going to be getting on and off the tractor often - as you will tend to be if doing landscaping on your property or just working in the woods - then you may find as I do that working cabless can be more convenient and easier on the body.

But then I'm older, not as spry as I was, and don't really mind the weather. Cabs are a personal thing. And if the weather is really nasty, I can always simply wait for a nicer day......though I can remember years when I didn't have that luxury.

Our favorite tractor does have an insulated canopy/roof that protects from sun and precip. That's a reasonable compromise for our use.

Maybe someday someone will offer a bolt-on fold up windshield like the old Jeeps had. There are times that would be handy.

Tractors are a compromise, and it may not be reasonable to expect to buy your perfect machine the very first time.
But they are all fun & you will get more work done with less effort and on your own schedule than you ever expected.
Good Luck,
rScotty

/ Lets get it right #40  
Milo I may have picked the wrong area to retire. Thank you

Yeah... I didn't want to bring that up. :D It's why we chose SW VA after 25 years of South Carolina heat and humidity; and no way were we going to go back to PA winters. So... open station tractors for me!