Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc)

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #421  
Nice pic!

C0F56728-F419-4472-9A0D-705772F261C7.jpeg5ADDE663-EEA4-459F-9A39-E5A342AF63C8.jpeg

I need to stop leaving that invisible ink cartridge in my printer!!

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #422  
View attachment 663745View attachment 663746

I need to stop leaving that invisible ink cartridge in my printer!!

I have one just like it with the optional planer... folks were moving and I said how much for the saw... said you want it... get it out of here today and it is yours!

It works great for my needs and have never changed the thing kerf carbide blade I bought for it...

The belt drive makes it very quiet and it is small enough to roll out of the garage when I use it.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #423  
I didn't find this at a yard sale, I found it in an Ace hardware store. But it is worth noting a made in USA tool that is nothing but steel, the kind of thing that 99% of the time comes from China. It is for stripping wood shingles off the side of a house. Works better than anything else I have found.

Attachments

• dasco1.jpg
    dasco1.jpg
    921.2 KB · Views: 105
  • dasco2.jpg
    dasco2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
   / Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #424  
I used to have an almost identical one except that my late father in law had it made by a local black smith for removing slate roofing shingles, he passed it on to me when I took over his business of repairing slate roofs for his insurance business in the 70's.

I have often wondered where it disappeared to........

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #425  
I no longer expect to find tools made in the USA. So I was surprised to find two yesterday at Home Depot. Just two things I happened to need. A generic air tool hanger from Husky and end-cutting pliers from Channel Lock. I would like to think US made tools are coming back.

Attachments

• channel.jpg
    channel.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 111
  • husky.jpg
    husky.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 108
   / Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #426  
I no longer expect to find tools made in the USA. So I was surprised to find two yesterday at Home Depot. Just two things I happened to need. A generic air tool hanger from Husky and end-cutting pliers from Channel Lock. I would like to think US made tools are coming back.
I believe they are... just have to shop a little more judiciously.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #427  
I was sorting through one of my dad's old toolboxes and found this steel engraved ruler. Probably from the 60's or 70's when metric was just coming in. One side of the ruler is inches (down to 64's) and the other is metric (down to .5mm). But the ruler doesn't say "metric" anywhere. Instead it says "foreign". As it happens I have a metric layout to do so this old ruler will be useful once again after sitting in a toolbox for decades.

Attachments

• ruler.jpg
    ruler.jpg
    857.7 KB · Views: 109
   / Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #428  
I was sorting through one of my dad's old toolboxes and found this steel engraved ruler. Probably from the 60's or 70's when metric was just coming in. One side of the ruler is inches (down to 64's) and the other is metric (down to .5mm). But the ruler doesn't say "metric" anywhere. Instead it says "foreign". As it happens I have a metric layout to do so this old ruler will be useful once again after sitting in a toolbox for decades.

But it also says Germany on it and the caption "Foreign" looks like it refers to inches.

Last edited:
   / Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #429  
I've got one for you... ;)

707B404C-9062-41E6-84E5-BE0A3BA43EF4.jpeg

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #430  
I have many USA tools and here's one given to me about 40 years ago from a co-worker that retired.

I am now guilty of non-USA tools lately, especially at the big box China freight store (HF).

KC

20210106_210440.jpg