LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #21  

masscity

Gold Member
Tractor
L3540HSTC-3 B7100DT Ferguson TO-35 Ford 9n
I came up with something like that for my B7100. I have arthritis in my spine. I can't see the hydraulic top link or the blade. Mine is not fancy, but works great.

Attachments

• 20220806_123955.jpg
    20220806_123955.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 20220806_124008.jpg
    20220806_124008.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 36
   / LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #22  

scootr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
Your mod looks great
Would something like this mounted to the implement help you level it?
A level would take into account the ground slope which would interfere with a true implement position reading. In other words. Level on level ground would not be the same setting or angle as level when the tractor is pointed downhill.
Advantage OP.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #23  

Gordon Gould

Tractor
Kubota L3010DT, Kubota M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G Dozer
I use one of those inclin-o-meter things. I find it quite helpful for setting and checking road contours. It tells me what the slope of the road is. If it is not what I want I adjust the blade relative to the road to make the correction. Low tech but simple, cheap, and works well on curvy hills where it is hard to eyeball things. Plenty good enough for me to keep the water running off the road. This is mine - stuck on with double sided tape

CorduroyCutLd2 (4).JPG

gg

Last edited:
   / LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #24  

Bob from Maine

Tractor
Kioti NX 5010H
A level would take into account the ground slope which would interfere with a true implement position reading. In other words. Level on level ground would not be the same setting or angle as level when the tractor is pointed downhill.
Advantage OP.
When setting your tilt you don’t actually need the true value (level, 5*, 10*, etc)
All you need is a reference. So if the implement is “level” with the tractor (both side links the same) the Lev-o-gage might read 5* if you’re already on a slight slope. If you want to add crown, tilt your cylinder to 10* on the gauge…or whatever amount of crown you want.
It’s just a reference, and a readily available, $15 one.
It works for me. I thought it might be helpful for others.