LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #21  
I came up with something like that for my B7100. I have arthritis in my spine. I can't see the hydraulic top link or the blade. Mine is not fancy, but works great.

Attachments

• 20220806_123955.jpg
    20220806_123955.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 123
  • 20220806_124008.jpg
    20220806_124008.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 127
   / LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #22  
Your mod looks great
Would something like this mounted to the implement help you level it?
A level would take into account the ground slope which would interfere with a true implement position reading. In other words. Level on level ground would not be the same setting or angle as level when the tractor is pointed downhill.
Advantage OP.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #23  
I use one of those inclin-o-meter things. I find it quite helpful for setting and checking road contours. It tells me what the slope of the road is. If it is not what I want I adjust the blade relative to the road to make the correction. Low tech but simple, cheap, and works well on curvy hills where it is hard to eyeball things. Plenty good enough for me to keep the water running off the road. This is mine - stuck on with double sided tape

CorduroyCutLd2 (4).JPG

gg

Last edited:
   / LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #24  
A level would take into account the ground slope which would interfere with a true implement position reading. In other words. Level on level ground would not be the same setting or angle as level when the tractor is pointed downhill.
Advantage OP.
When setting your tilt you don’t actually need the true value (level, 5*, 10*, etc)
All you need is a reference. So if the implement is “level” with the tractor (both side links the same) the Lev-o-gage might read 5* if you’re already on a slight slope. If you want to add crown, tilt your cylinder to 10* on the gauge…or whatever amount of crown you want.
It’s just a reference, and a readily available, $15 one.
It works for me. I thought it might be helpful for others.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #25  
First off let me start by saying I love what you are doing here. Really well done and smart. I see a huge benefit in knowing the angle of the blade relative to the tractor.

But equally (maybe more) important is the angle of the blade relative to level. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I just rough cut in a road around my pond with a mini ex. Now what it needs is better grading that I think my box blade with TNT will be perfect for. I am thinking about putting a level indicator on the box blade so I can level the road with a slight angle towards the pond. Time to get TNT!!

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #26  
This is my work in progress… there’s two inclinometers, one on the tractor where the light is mounted and one on the quick attach. It’s hardwired between the two and has a power saver feature. I can select the base reference of either the tractor body or relative to gravity. In both modes, I can tare it to zero out (which is useful for different implements). There’s 5 light positions. Green indicates -3° to 3° reference while amber (between 3° and 5°) & red (more that 5°) flanks both side to denote how much positive or negative tilt.

Also added is the 3 level dimmer selection. All from one momentary button to select level mode, brightness, tare, and power on/off.

Pics shows mock-up testing of LEDs. It’s now hardwired into place and am doing trials.

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

IMG_6332.jpg

IMG_6331.jpg

image-2022-12-05-22:26:33-801.jpg

Attachments

• image-2022-12-05-22:25:13-264.jpg
    image-2022-12-05-22:25:13-264.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
   / LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #27  
This is my work in progress… there’s two inclinometers, one on the tractor where the light is mounted and one on the quick attach. It’s hardwired between the two and has a power saver feature. I can select the base reference of either the tractor body or relative to gravity. In both modes, I can tare it to zero out (which is useful for different implements). There’s 5 light positions. Green indicates -3° to 3° reference while amber (between 3° and 5°) & red (more that 5°) flanks both side to denote how much positive or negative tilt.

Also added is the 3 level dimmer selection. All from one momentary button to select level mode, brightness, tare, and power on/off.

Pics shows mock-up testing of LEDs. It’s now hardwired into place and am doing trials.
Pardon my french, but that is BADASS!! Great job!

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #28  
First class!!!

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #29  
   / LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #30  
Now THAT is cool...and only $27?
Looks like it measures distance, not angle but that would be fine. If you know your tilt cylinder has a 4" stroke and you've set it to be level (centered) at 2", this DRO would give you a real reference as to where you are relative to min/max of the cylinder.
Definitely gonna try it.

Last edited: