LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT
Thanks for the compliments, guys. The idea for the indicator came from sight gauges mounted to the side of a fluid reservoir such as hydraulic. Saying that makes we wonder if there would be another way of doing this by replacing the cable with a fluid filled tube. A little piston fitting closely inside the tube and pushed by the cylinder rod would raise and lower the fluid level in the sight gauge. There's probably a dozen reasons why that wouldn't work, but I enjoy thinking outside the box a little now and then.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #13  
I'm surprised that no one asked how the indicator is attached to the ROPS.

You are equipped so far above most of use that we didn't bother to notice. I.e., the ability to make the indicator holder in the first place.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #14  
Thanks for the compliments, guys. The idea for the indicator came from sight gauges mounted to the side of a fluid reservoir such as hydraulic. Saying that makes we wonder if there would be another way of doing this by replacing the cable with a fluid filled tube. A little piston fitting closely inside the tube and pushed by the cylinder rod would raise and lower the fluid level in the sight gauge. There's probably a dozen reasons why that wouldn't work, but I enjoy thinking outside the box a little now and then.

Do a member search for "Waxman". He's got a thread on the electronic level indicator he created for his FEL. You might pick up some ideas there. I'm sure it could be made to work on your TnT.

Richard, yes I read with great interest the Waxman's thread on his electronic level indicator as well as the cool custom gauges etc. He is a true craftsman!
Thanks for appreciating the machine work on the indicator holder. I had fun with that.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #16  
I think you did a great job machining that indicator, looks like a scientific instrument. Fine quality.
It saves you from turning around and arching in your seat and it's accurate.
What kind of mill do you have?

100-3490 002.JPG
I found that the inside wire of the cable was buckling due to the 4" plus unsupported length. So I added the UHMW (plastic) tube and a 3/16" diameter stainless rod to travel inside the tube. That seems to eliminate the buckling problem without creating any new problems. The UHMW tube was made by drilling out 1/2" round solid round to accept the 3/16" stainless plunger.
Looks like I need to clean the oil off of the PTO shaft cover from an earlier hydraulics mod.

/ LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #18  
   / LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #19  
   / LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TILT CYLINDER ON TNT #20  
That is a great mod. Very ingenious and well done. Thanks for sharing.