Life on the farm

/ Life on the farm #651  
Yep, knew it from studying the siding and trim. Additions always came later, as the family grew.
hugs, Brandi

/ Life on the farm
Yep, knew it from studying the siding and trim. Additions always came later, as the family grew.
hugs, Brandi

Main log structure has 2 rooms down, 2 rooms up.
The back addition was living room and kitchen.
I’ll try to find some pics.
This taken yesterday, thru broken window. Sink on right with hand pump, wood cook stove on left. Some coffee cups still hanging in cupboard. Door to right was entrance from side porch.
328746355_704022917858768_1817241647948645020_n.jpeg

/ Life on the farm #653  
That photo shows a few things salvage people will pay you for to resell. Pump, wood stove, and Table are just 3. How many more items in that house can be salvaged before log people want to get the logs?
hugs, Brandi

/ Life on the farm
That photo shows a few things salvage people will pay you for to resell. Pump, wood stove, and Table are just 3. How many more items in that house can be salvaged before log people want to get the logs?
hugs, Brandi

Roof is slate.

/ Life on the farm #656  
Life on the farm if you grown anything is gonna be tough this year, real tough. Inputs are through the roof as are fuel costs and new equipment as well. I suspect a lot of smaller operations that are leveraged will fold.
I can barely pencil out working in my 6K tree woodlot...

De-limbing by hand & processing firewood is what we do; cutting the "basement dwellers" up to 35 feet seems to "push" the trees skyward, and firewood keeps our electric bill in the $60.00 range.

Logging costs gobble up too much of the gross profit.

/ Life on the farm
So my grandparents lived across the hollow from great grandparents, farms join. The one room school my dad attended is next to great grandparents. So dad literally walked up hills both ways, down the hill and up the other side to attend school. Dad is in the back. Almost everyone is a relative.
Image127 .jpeg

Dad next to his dads house.
Image123.jpeg

The hill to school.
19880214_0010.jpeg

/ Life on the farm #659  
We are so spoiled......

/ Life on the farm
IMGb_0019a_.jpeg

When the pine trees were planted on the hillside right after WW 2.

Mom when they were dating after the war.
Notice electric cable on house wall, that’s when grandparents got electric power.
IMGb_0024_.jpeg

My grandfather showing us his accordion. Don’t know who got it.
PoppyMusic1.jpeg

Last edited: