Lift Arm Question

/ Lift Arm Question #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
Hi all I will make this as short as I can. I have a 1995 L2950 and it has the normal factory 3pt hitch components .
I have a homemade Cord Wood saw that I bought and it is kind of a pain to hook up. One end of the bar that serves as the Category 2 pins is a little lower than the other end which causes me to have to pry the **** out of the saw to get my tractor lift arms on over the pins on the saw.
My cousin has a brand new Massey Ferguson 50 hp or larger?and it has some really nice ends on his arms. If he can park 4-5 inch's from the implement these special ends will extend out to finish up the reach for him. Is there anything like these ends that I can buy to hook onto my lift arms to make my life a little easier? I have had rotator cuff surgery on one shoulder and the other one is no better prying with a crow bar is an issue for me. Thanks Jeff

/ Lift Arm Question #2  
Extendable lift links will be expensive if even available for the L2950. You mention Cat 2. Extremely unusual on a small tractor.

It sounds as if the balls are not at the same height, or else need to be at different heights to ease hookup to that saw. Their height relative to one another is adjustable. Maybe that will help. ... A quick hitch [if compatible], or Pats Easy Change may also fit the bill. -- Note that both set the implement back about 4 extra inches from a standard hookup.
larry

/ Lift Arm Question
Thanks Larry yes I thought afterword I should have said cat 1 I knew that was wrong as soon as I posted it. Yes the balls need to be about 2" different in height to ease hook up. What I may do is cut the pin off and lower it 2" that would be the easiest way to solve my problem. I noticed something else as I was replaying the hook-up in my mind.
The left /right adjustment shackles ? not sure what they are called? Those were very tight when I finally got hooked up. I bet if I had loosened up the shackles so the lift arms could have moved left/right more it would have hooked up easier too.

Last edited: