Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
IMG_2528.JPG
IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

Kubota MX

Could only get stump I dug out about 3 inches off ground

Several more to go

/ Lifting Limit #3  
Be careful. When you do that it puts a great deal of stress on your front wheel bearings.

/ Lifting Limit #4  
That should be enough to get it wherever it needs to go.

/ Lifting Limit #5  
Try curling it back first. It may shift the midpoint of the weight back just far enough so you can carry it higher.

/ Lifting Limit #6  
Might try to scrape as much dirt as possible from the root ball with your tines to lighten the stump weight. Can't tell, but it looks like what might be heavy wet clay?

My MX 6000 lifts what appears to be larger stumps, but I try to get as much dirt as possible off the stump and back into the hole before lifting, and I leave them to dry out if I encounter heavy wet dirt in the root ball.

Do you have the standard LA-1065A loader?

Also, how much does your grapple weigh? Greater the tare weight of the grapple > less the available load weight.

As someone mentioned above, I generally run 1800 to 2000 RPMs when using my EA 60" grapple which EA says weighs ~400#.

I don't have an actual photo of lifting this stump after limbing the tree...but we did. And it is similar in size of many stumps picked up and stacked on top of my brush piles with the MX.
734950077.jpg

/ Lifting Limit #7  
Crank the engine revs
Most likely it went into hydraulic bypass and like Hay Dude said, it's very hard on the front wheel bearings. I move round bales around all the time but that's not even close to capacity with my loader and I'm still careful when moving and never in FWA either.

/ Lifting Limit #8  
Quite honestly stump does not look that big..... Probably need to up RPM to get more hydraulic power...
Do you have rear ballast?....
If you have the LA 1065 loader you should have about 1691 pounds lift ...

Screenshot 2022-08-14 191404.jpg

Last edited:
   / Lifting Limit #9  
Wrap a chain around it and drag it with the rear draw bar.

/ Lifting Limit #10  
Push the stumps out of the way and let it rain on them a year. That's why I love a big ole Trac hoe. Pick them up about 20' and drop a few times, dirt falls off, burn better. Sometimes we dig a pit and burn them in the pit. I've moved stumps a lot bigger than that with a 100 HP skid steer. 5'-6' diameter stumps, tree diameter, stump was about 12' diameter, roots and all. It looks like you are doing too much with too little. Tie a chain around stump and drag it off and away. I wouldn't risk a broke front axle or a sheared pinion.