Light duty diesels-emission tests now and in the future

/ Light duty diesels-emission tests now and in the future #21  
Well, if nobody wants dirty water or air, then we have to have some rules, guidelines or limits. Show me how throwing around labels like --nazi, --hugger or --freak (or "go back to bikes") leads to reasonable, intelligent compromise and accomplishing goals we all can live with. The simple point of my previous post. Regards, Mike

/ Light duty diesels-emission tests now and in the future #22  
well I wonder which is better for the environment, my 1992 dodge cummins with a 5 speed that gets 25 mpg at 55 mph or these new diesels that get about 12 to 14 mpg bu.t burn cleaner. Ill personally keep the 1992 dodge

/ Light duty diesels-emission tests now and in the future #23  
well I wonder which is better for the environment, my 1992 dodge cummins with a 5 speed that gets 25 mpg at 55 mph or these new diesels that get about 12 to 14 mpg bu.t burn cleaner. Ill personally keep the 1992 dodge

Jetsons, Is that 2WD? Great mileage.

My 99 F250 with 7.3 and 6 speed (4wd, 3.73 gears gets average 16.5, highway 18)

/ Light duty diesels-emission tests now and in the future #24  
Jetsons, Is that 2WD? Great mileage.

My 99 F250 with 7.3 and 6 speed (4wd, 3.73 gears gets average 16.5, highway 18)

You could get them older Dodges with 3.55 gears. They were great for MPG but not much better than a big block for towing.

Chris

/ Light duty diesels-emission tests now and in the future #25  
Vitabene, it is a 4wd supercab with 3.55 gears, right now it has a short so I am going to install a battery disconnect switch, the engine will outlast the truck.

/ Light duty diesels-emission tests now and in the future #26  
Well, if nobody wants dirty water or air, then we have to have some rules, guidelines or limits. Show me how throwing around labels like --nazi, --hugger or --freak (or "go back to bikes") leads to reasonable, intelligent compromise and accomplishing goals we all can live with. The simple point of my previous post. Regards, Mike

These are some stories that point out the issues with CARB. 1 they are accountable to no one but themsevles. They have been proven a couple of times to have used made up data to push there agenda. They don't want guidlines, they want total control of the process. Much likethe climate/global warming scandel that is being covered all around the world now, except here. "Experts" making up data to push there agenda. All so they can get more research grant money. My issues is the EPA and other states look to these jokers for guidance.

One of the lead "scientist" for CARB was found to be himself a fraud, and did not have the Phd he claimed to have had.

California Ignores Scientific Protests, Passes New Diesel Regulations - by John Dale Dunn

Here is another:

Cover-up taints costly diesel policy | tran, board, carb - Opinion - The Orange County Register

And another

Capitol Weekly: ARB?s diesel rule-making deeply flawed, member says

/ Light duty diesels-emission tests now and in the future #27  

All I ask, is that reason, logic and real data be used during these discussions. Simply saying "It's for the good of the planet" does not cut it and frustrates many people when the "promised" results don't happen.

/ Light duty diesels-emission tests now and in the future #28  
These are some stories that point out the issues with CARB. 1 they are accountable to no one but themsevles. They have been proven a couple of times to have used made up data to push there agenda. They don't want guidlines, they want total control of the process. Much likethe climate/global warming scandel that is being covered all around the world now, except here. "Experts" making up data to push there agenda. All so they can get more research grant money. My issues is the EPA and other states look to these jokers for guidance.

One of the lead "scientist" for CARB was found to be himself a fraud, and did not have the Phd he claimed to have had.

California Ignores Scientific Protests, Passes New Diesel Regulations - by John Dale Dunn

Here is another:

Cover-up taints costly diesel policy | tran, board, carb - Opinion - The Orange County Register

And another

Capitol Weekly: ARB?s diesel rule-making deeply flawed, member says
Not only do they fake data, some e-mails from The UEA (UK) have been told to dump all data that doesn't push their agenda when it comes to climate change. Won't be long before any truck entering CA will have to be smog checked at the stateline. Except NAFTA trucks.

/ Light duty diesels-emission tests now and in the future
I've been looking at 1999-03 vintage 3/4 and 1T diesel pickups and flatbeds for a few months. This will be my first diesel truck purchase.

I'm wondering how CA and EPA emission regulations and testing will affect these older diesels. And, more importantly, whether these PUs are facing expensive upgrades to satisfy the more stringent diesel emission regulations that are coming online in the next few years.

What's the skinny on this issue? Is this a matter for real concern that should be factored into a purchase like the one I'm contemplating?

Since I'm really interested in 2nd generation (1994-02) Dodge Ram 3500s with the 5.9L Cummins diesel, I joined the Turbo Diesel Register (TDR) to get as much info as I could on these engines.

This article was just posted on the TDR homepage

SMOG CHECK - Coming to California January 1, 2010; Coming to Your State Soon? - TDR Roundtable

It answers most of the questions I had in mind when I started this thread.