??Light duty hydraulic winch available

/ ??Light duty hydraulic winch available
JJ you are a dangerous man. :D

I already have a tree boom so I am determined to use that as the primary implement. If I don't get organized in the next couple of weeks to add a winch I'll just use a manual pully system this year. I'm going to stop in at Harbour Freight next time I go past and check out the winch you suggested though. I'm sure glad it comes in camoflage paint so I don't scare the gulls or fish.

/ ??Light duty hydraulic winch available #12  
For that small of lift once a year it would seem that a hand crank winch used on boat trailers would do the job. I recall several people on the forum adding them to boom poles in the past.

MarkV

For that small of lift once a year it would seem that a hand crank winch used on boat trailers would do the job. I recall several people on the forum adding them to boom poles in the past.

MarkV

Yes, of course you are correct but what's the point of having a big ole tractor if you need to dismount. :eek: Besides, it is twice a year! Once in and once out. :D

/ ??Light duty hydraulic winch available #14  
IslandTractor ,

Is your tree boom designed to pull trees out of the ground. If so, how big a tree can you pull up?

I'd say it was designed more to lift burlap bagged trees off the ground rather than pull them out. It is made of 2x2 square tube and is pretty tough. I use a grapple to get trees/bushes out of the ground though and just use the "tree boom" as a mini crane type of implement.

Attachments

• IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_2916.jpg
    IMG_2916.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2918.jpg
    IMG_2918.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 318
   / ??Light duty hydraulic winch available #16  
This is Power-Trac's hyd winch, but it ain't cheap. $950.

Attachments

• winch2-1.jpg
    winch2-1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 4,326
This is Power-Trac's hyd winch, but it ain't cheap. $950.

That is the idea but I don't need anything nearly that heavy duty (or expensive). What I would like is a small hydraulic motor which can be had for less than $150 plus about $50 in winch parts.

Given the availability of relatively inexpensive 12 and 110 v hydraulic powerpacks these days (as well as all the CUTs running around) I am a little surprised that there are not more "light duty" hydraulic implements/tools/devices available. Of course most of that market is simply taken by the electrical or even battery powered tools but there are instances where hydraulic power would be preferred.

/ ??Light duty hydraulic winch available #18  
What about one of those hand winches mentioned earlier with a small hydro motor attached? They adapt them with small electric motors I would think you could find some adapters.

/ ??Light duty hydraulic winch available #19  
What about one of those hand winches mentioned earlier with a small hydro motor attached? They adapt them with small electric motors I would think you could find some adapters.

Eric,

Click the link on post #4 by Willl That is exactly what they did. Looks neat

/ ??Light duty hydraulic winch available #20  
IslandTractor,

How do you like your BearCat chipper? I have an older one that will chip 4 in. I also added the blower assembly.