Forks Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
I like this idea, but I have not found any reviews for these forks. what I would like to know is if they are capable (being light duty) of the 1200 lbs lift claimed. I am trying to decide if these would work for regular 800 - 1000 lbs pallet lifts, on a compact tractor?

considering the Kubota B3030HSD (a forklift attachment is optional to the FEL) or, my preference the significantly less expensive BX25 (these forks would bolt to bucket) which would do 90 % of my needs - I think the BX25 might be a little on the light side though.

option A : the B3030 with these forks (or the forklift attachment)
option B : the BX25 with these forks, AND an older forklift (outside terrain, not warehouse)

thoughts, options are appreciated

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #2  
I have some on my TC33D that I got from Payne. I don't think they are light duty though. They have been very helpful. The downside is that they tend to bend the bucket a little. Just enough to make putting the toothbar require a little persuasion. But overall I really like being available especially when I have to unload something out of the bed of a truck. Wish my tractor lifted more than 800lbs.

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #3  
i have a set of clamp on forks that are rated 1000 lbs each. i mainly use mine for pallett moving and log lifting to block up into firewood. i have picked up some heavy logs too. i use mine on a b7800 with la402 loader and it works good. not exactly sure what you are going to be lifting, but do tend to think the bx25 will be on the light side for you. be sure to have counter weight on the back of the tractor, either one. i would lean the b3030 way. some downfalls to the clamp on forks are they do bend the bucket just a bit in some spots like was mentioned. not bad, but visibly noticable. also they tend to shift out the the side if put under strain or bumbed at the tip when going in to fork something. then you have to get off and reset it most of the time. they do sell a bracket that goes between the 2 forks that prevents that. i like my clamp on forks and am glad i chose them over the full attachment forks, but that is for me and how i use them/my bucket. good luck with your decision.

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks
thanks for the replies - that is very informative, especially the mention that the forks tend to bend the bucket. Although the BX25 (23hp) would work with this product; I am leaning more to the larger B3030 (30 hp) which is larger than what this item is intended for. If the B3030 lift capacity isn't enough, we will go with an older / cheap forklift, separately from the tractor.

I forgot to mention that the forks that I was referring to specifically were the ones that are found in the STORE link on this TBN site...

Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks.
List Price: $319.00
Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks from Bucket Solutions offer a hefty 1,200lb lift capacity and a working length of 39". Lift pallet loads, lumber, and other unusually shaped objects, and easily remove the forks when you're done. Installs in minutes with tools-free C-Clamp Pad that securely fastens the forks to your bucket without damaging your bucket like other clamp-on forks on the market. Recommended for use with compact and subcompact tractors up to 25 horsepower. Made in USA. Limited lifetime warranty.

cheers, CK

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #5  
It would be most interesting to hear a report from someone with a B3030 who has handled known weights with these or siimilar forks. I don't have the expertise to calculate the real lift capacities at the different distances from the pin, but have a real gut feeling your requirements appear to be on the upper edge (or beyond) the capabilities of the B3030. Note the lift capacities are for distances that are much closer to the tractor than out beyond the bucket on the forks. With 39" forks, an evenly balanced load could easily end up an extra 20" forward of any ratings given in the spec below:

TractorData.com Kubota B3030 tractor attachments information

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #6  
If you have the quick attach loader bucket why not get SSQA type forks instead of the bolt ons? I went that route and have been very pleased w/ the results. It only takes a minute to switch out attachments, they lift a lot more being in closer to the body and there is no risk of bending the loader bucket. Just my 2 cents worth.

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #7  
I bought a set of cheapie ($130) fork off Ebay 4yrs ago. They're rated for 1200lbs and work great on my B7800. I've moved pallets of shingles and concrete block, bins of coal, other implements, etc... The only downside is the lack of visibility since the bucket is in the way.

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks
all good info. I think the forklift attachment is the better option for us. I really want to avoid going larger than the B3030 though. cheers.

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #9  
Just a thought? Go to the SEARCH section at the top of this page and type in "clamp on pallet forks". I have a set that I use to help pile the brush on my burn pile. I have never had any problems. I do have a stabilizer bar between the forks though.

/ Light Duty Quick Attach Bucket Forks #10  
I have a B3030 cabbed tractor. I've gone the Payne's clamp on fork route. Was not impressed. I think they can raise heck with the bucket bottom and they're prone to kicking sideways if you don't hit your target squarely. Add to that the fact that you simply cannot see through your bucket to determine fork location when approaching an object. The forks might have a 1200 pound capacity, but the LA403 loader does not.
In my experience, 800 lbs. would be about the absolute max you're going to lift with a B3030 and this type of fork. Maybe a smidgen less. I know how much weight I had on because I was loading 40 lb. bags of wood pellets. I got sick enough of the clamp ons to spend the money on a SSQA and a set of Bradco pallet forks.
Keep in mind that unless you have forks that pin onto your lift arms directly, you're always going to lose lift capacity the further your lift implement sits out in front of the lift arms.