Lights, Camera, ACTION!

/ Lights, Camera, ACTION! #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
   / Lights, Camera, ACTION! #2  
WOW Amazing job where did you learn to that kind of wiring work?

/ Lights, Camera, ACTION!
Thanks Cubowner. That's my first wiring harness I've ever done on a vehicle. I applied and adapted a number of techniques used on buildings I've learned over the years for this application; primarily the central ground bus instead of using local chassis ground connections.

I could have done the clothesline wiring harness mock-up trick that some hot rodders use, and then build the harness on the bench; but I chose to run one wire at a time and mark it off the wiring diagram I drew up for this project. The upside to this is that I made sure each wire was long enough, and the downside is that I used a lot of cable ties at intermediate stages of installation that got cut off and discarded. Fortunately cable ties are cheap.

Now I just need to do more actual field use to dial in the lights and camera. I already think I'll be moving the camera lower, and I'll get an additional regular view camera to supplement the wide angle unit on there now.

/ Lights, Camera, ACTION! #4  
I just have one question. Will you come to my place and make my garage look like your's? I have to go outside just to change my mind.
I'm impressed and very jealous.
Nice job.

Wedge

/ Lights, Camera, ACTION! #5  
mjncad,

Beautiful work!!! Looks "better than factory". :D

You are now in a fine position to make windshield, rear window and door panels for winter?? how about it? Future project? ;)

/ Lights, Camera, ACTION! #6  
Amazing! Now all you need is navigation and you can sell your truck.

Your work really does look better then factory. Very impressive.

Craig

wedge40 said:
I just have one question. Will you come to my place and make my garage look like your's? I have to go outside just to change my mind.
I'm impressed and very jealous.
Nice job.

Wedge

Wedge:

I want an outbuilding and one is planned for our new property as I'm tired of playing musical cars, etc to work in the garage. Anytime I work on the tractor I have to do it when my wife is at work and clean up before she gets home so she can park her car in the garage, or I have to leave my car outside. I had the loader on our back concrete patio while I was doing all of the wiring fun, and I kept expecting our worthless HOA to write me up.

Thanks for the compliment, it is most appreciated.

SkunkWerX said:
mjncad,

Beautiful work!!! Looks "better than factory". :D

You are now in a fine position to make windshield, rear window and door panels for winter?? how about it? Future project? ;)

That's the eventual goal...to make a cab. Now that I have a space heater I can use in the garage, I can do work out there as long as it doesn't get too cold outside as my garage is uninsulated and bare frame.

I try my best to make stuff look factory given my tool inventory. Thanks for the kudos.

Hammy said:
Amazing! Now all you need is navigation and you can sell your truck.

Your work really does look better then factory. Very impressive.

Craig

All my vehicles have two kinds of navigation systems...gray matter, and folding 2-D navigation (a.k.a. maps). :rolleyes:

Thanks Craig for the kind words.

/ Lights, Camera, ACTION! #10  
WOW that was alot of very nice work. That looks just great. It will benefit you greatly that you can see what you are doing. What's next full cab and AC?:D

I know that making all those small parts for the front posts can be as time consuming as making big pieces.

Mike