LINAK Electric Chute Actuator

/ LINAK Electric Chute Actuator
That's what makes the wholegoods kits so attractive. Sometimes it's worth buying for only a few parts.

IP66 should be OK for outdoor use. The second number is for water ingress with 6 representing "Heavy Seas"
or protected against powerful water jets. 7 is for temporary water submersion. The tests for 6 and 7 are pretty stringent.

I hope it can be repaired economically.

Hi moship.

I hope so too !

Digging around a bit on Linak website found the statement below. Perhaps the OP is wasting time sending it back to a repair house.

Spare parts
Requests for information or replacement parts should be directed to the equipment manufacturer.

Contact information is generally found on the manufacturer's label or in your user manual. LINAK supplies manufacturers only. We do not provide technical support to end-users or service companies.

I'd look for another actuator readily available at a reasonable price.

Yep. I read that too. THEY ARE the manufacturer of the component.

The kit is put together by Kubota.

It's just as hard to get info from Kubota as it is to get it from LINAK.

I don't understand why LINAK can't/won't provide a name of a: reseller, retailer, distributor, pat supplier... or Something to help me repair the actuator.

If it cannot be repaired by Radwell, I WILL be getting something else that will work from a different manufacturer.

/ LINAK Electric Chute Actuator #23  
What did you end up doing? I have the same actuator, it won't actuate...

I ended up "biting the bullet" and ordered a brand new actuator from Kubota. It was Not cheap. I think it was around $700. Pretty easy to replace. The wire seemed a little short, so I added a little wire and put on new quick connectors.

Haven't had any snow here around Baltimore to test it, but it seemed to work ok after I hooked it all up.

Last edited:
   / LINAK Electric Chute Actuator #25  
We have used various linear actuator for years and still do today and used to take them apart for repairs. No more. Just wasn't worth the hassle.
drag0666.jpg

I sent mine to Radwell and they either wouldn't or couldn't repair it. My local kubota dealer said they would try to repair it, but the cost to "try" was as much as buying a new one. I finally gave up and bought a new one.

/ LINAK Electric Chute Actuator #27  
Are there any cheaper options? $700 for cheap hardware is too much. As of right now, I bolted the deflector up where it normally is anyway.

Are there any cheaper options? $700 for cheap hardware is too much. As of right now, I bolted the deflector up where it normally is anyway.
I'm sure there are cheaper options. You have to find something that bolts on in a similar fashion. And have the same range/length of motion the original has.

Maybe some here has the answer, or suggestion for a similar unit.

/ LINAK Electric Chute Actuator #29  
What is the range of this unit? Is it 8"?

I am not sure, I would guess 8-12". Maybe someone else knows for sure.