Lincoln IDEALARC TIG 300/300

/ Lincoln IDEALARC TIG 300/300 #21  
I tried all Polarity's. Worked best with torch on Negative and machine set on DC+. But barely gets a spark on AC, even when turned all the way up.

/ Lincoln IDEALARC TIG 300/300 #22  
I think I may have found the problem and created another problem. I did some digging around in the Machine and came across the Starter Contacts. They were just out right ugly and corroded. So I removed and cleaned, But when I installed them i did not have the it lined up right and they were unable to move freely, so when I powered up something else most have went bad, because now I can't even get the Starter contacts to energize and engage even though I fixed the obstruction.

So if your getting week current or have to crank your power way up. Check and clean your starter contacts. I believe it says to do so every 3 months or so in the manual if you do a lot of tack welding. Just make sure you your starter moves freely up and down by hand before you powerup again. Or you will end up with my problem, which I'm still not sure what it is. It should just have blown a fuse but I can't find it.
Tig 300 Contacts.jpg

/ Lincoln IDEALARC TIG 300/300 #23  
Here is a better Pic of the Starter Contacts. Before I cleaned them. Just follow your power cords if your not sure where they are at. It will lead you right to them. Just make sure they move up and down freely by hand before you power up.

Tig 300 Starter Contacts.jpg

/ Lincoln IDEALARC TIG 300/300 #24  
I have no foot pedal, Just switch that you can secure to torch and that plugs into 5 pin on panel.

/ Lincoln IDEALARC TIG 300/300 #25  
I Believe the switch I have is called the Arc Start Switch. It's just a push button switch you tape to the side of the torch.