Link belt for fan belt?

/ Link belt for fan belt? #1  

frogpond

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
The fan belt on my bx25d is stretched out and needs replacement. Has anyone tried a link belt for this application? I am hoping to avoid having to detach the drive shaft.

/ Link belt for fan belt? #2  
I used it as a temporary fix on an old Massey, 10 years later it's still doing the job.

/ Link belt for fan belt?
Do you remember what brand it was?

/ Link belt for fan belt? #4  
Temporary. Highly doubt it would handle the higher rpm on a small tractor. The old Massey was a lower rpm engine. Just a wild guess.

/ Link belt for fan belt?
Oh, well. I guess I'll find out how frozen are the 3 bolts holding the shaft on. I have a feeling I'm in for scraped knuckles and bad words.

/ Link belt for fan belt? #7  
Gates makes good fan belts..

/ Link belt for fan belt? #8  
We used a Fenner drives link belt on a Massey with Perkins engine and a front hydraluic pump for a few years because the pump drive shaft was very hard to remove and of course it was cold and snowing the next day. It seemed to need a lot more travel of the alternator to tighten it than a regular belt but it worked just fine even with a small alternator pulley. After a few hundred hours I started to notice cracks in a few links and we got the pump shaft unstuck and put on a good V belt.

/ Link belt for fan belt? #9  
Link belts are like those donut tires you see everyone running around on. If I'm doing it I'll be stranded in 30 mins. Anyone else can run them forever with no issue.

/ Link belt for fan belt? #10  
Oh, well. I guess I'll find out how frozen are the 3 bolts holding the shaft on. I have a feeling I'm in for scraped knuckles and bad words.

This link came up in a google search; doesn’t seem too bad of a job…..just need patience and penetrating oil