LIQUID TIRE BALLAST - WHAT FLUID TO CHOOSE

/ LIQUID TIRE BALLAST - WHAT FLUID TO CHOOSE #71  
How full? My dealer indicated with his hand on the tire and I would say about what your dealer would fill to, leaving just enough room for an air cushion.

/ LIQUID TIRE BALLAST - WHAT FLUID TO CHOOSE #72  
I use washer fluid. However, on running low pressures, below 10 psig, weights work better at keeping the tire on the rim.....ref 12x16.5 on my 2400 replacements.

/ LIQUID TIRE BALLAST - WHAT FLUID TO CHOOSE #73  
How full? My dealer indicated with his hand on the tire and I would say about what your dealer would fill to, leaving just enough room for an air cushion.

they are to be filled to the top of the rim - above the axle side of the rim. when you check air be sure the valve stem is UP! LOL

Beet Juice is the 'best' from all i've heard and read -but not cheap. I think that's the rim guard product.
Neighbor has calcium in his (very old) farmall. Tore a tire and had them come to change it - $350 charge. Have to pump out the fluid first, then pump it back in. Time consuming.

The tractor I just bought they put windhshield washer fluid in it.

I would think RV antifreeze would be environmentally good, but I guess the cost would be up there a ways.

As for oil, I'm thinking it would work, but if you have to service the tire my goodness, what a mess!

/ LIQUID TIRE BALLAST - WHAT FLUID TO CHOOSE #74  
I believe you meant Methonal. Windshield washer fluid. That is what my dealer uses. He doesn't leave a new tractor leave his premises without filling the rear tires with it. It doesn't weigh as much as RimGuard but is also less costly and not near as messy should you get a tire puncture.

And I believe that you meant methanol, which is the stuff used in windshield washer fluid (along with water and some other stuff.)

/ LIQUID TIRE BALLAST - WHAT FLUID TO CHOOSE #75  
And I believe that you meant methanol, which is the stuff used in windshield washer fluid (along with water and some other stuff.)
Yep, although I misspelled it, GirlWhoWantsTractor got it right. She knew what I meant. :)

/ LIQUID TIRE BALLAST - WHAT FLUID TO CHOOSE #76  
I have Rimguard in my tires. Before I would use oil - I'd want to check out a couple things. What do the tire manufacturers have to say about the use of oil with their tires?? Unless you have a readily available source - new oil makes Rimguard look cheap. AND - be certain that there is a method to service the oil-filled tire. Maybe the dealers that would work with RV antifreeze, windshield washer fluid or regular antifreeze wouldn't want to get involved with oil.

You figure how much oil would cost - - each of my rear tires takes 68 gallons of "something" to fill them to the 75% level.

/ LIQUID TIRE BALLAST - WHAT FLUID TO CHOOSE #77  
I believe you meant Methonal. Windshield washer fluid. That is what my dealer uses. He doesn't leave a new tractor leave his premises without filling the rear tires with it. It doesn't weigh as much as RimGuard but is also less costly and not near as messy should you get a tire puncture.
that's a hypnotic. Methonal Dictionary Definition and More from Dictionary.net it's interesting if it's so freely available.. many people use plumbing antifreeze, it's non-toxic..

/ LIQUID TIRE BALLAST - WHAT FLUID TO CHOOSE #78  
I have Rimguard in my tires. Before I would use oil - I'd want to check out a couple things. What do the tire manufacturers have to say about the use of oil with their tires?? Unless you have a readily available source - new oil makes Rimguard look cheap. AND - be certain that there is a method to service the oil-filled tire. Maybe the dealers that would work with RV antifreeze, windshield washer fluid or regular antifreeze wouldn't want to get involved with oil.

You figure how much oil would cost - - each of my rear tires takes 68 gallons of "something" to fill them to the 75% level.
oil is very bad for rubber, and Methanol is toxic, but tastes and smells good to animals, but, it will kill them..

/ LIQUID TIRE BALLAST - WHAT FLUID TO CHOOSE #79  
A couple years ago I bought Rimgard for $2.00 a gallon but I had to bring my barrels. Price around because prices differ substantially. Mine came from a big farm that fills tires as a sideline business.

Where did you get the RimGuard? I am from Waynesboro... allen at tennesseeland dot com