Live Animal Traps

/ Live Animal Traps #11  
Well I thought about that, a neighbor cutting the screen, but when I closely examined the screen, i could not see any cut marks that a wire cutter would make.

Actually, this is the second time that this has happened.

The new replacement for the screen is now a much stronger wire bars from an old fan cover.

Richard
I wasn't there so all I have to go on is the evidence. When you closely examined the screen,did you notice (A) how wires are praticly tied in knots at one side of opening? That doen't square with an animal chewing through. (B) unsupported wires protruding into opening,one pratically dead center and extending almost completly across opening? Why weren't the unsupported wires pushed out of opening when the critter went through?
I know of feed and grain storage rooms with vents covered in 1/4" hardware cloth the passed 20 years without being chewed through. When you get it,post the game cam footage so we can be on the alert for a similar varmint.

/ Live Animal Traps
I wasn't there so all I have to go on is the evidence. When you closely examined the screen,did you notice (A) how wires are praticly tied in knots at one side of opening? That doen't square with an animal chewing through. (B) unsupported wires protruding into opening,one pratically dead center and extending almost completly across opening? Why weren't the unsupported wires pushed out of opening when the critter went through?
I know of feed and grain storage rooms with vents covered in 1/4" hardware cloth the passed 20 years without being chewed through. When you get it,post the game cam footage so we can be on the alert for a similar varmint.
Actually, I moved some of those wires while I was examining the opening.

But good catch.

Richard

/ Live Animal Traps #14  
Good idea, if I continual to have trouble with this, I will do that.
i'd just be interested in seeing the animal able to do that. from the looks of exit hole, too high for rat?

Last edited:
   / Live Animal Traps #15  
Actually, I moved some of those wires while I was examining the opening.

But good catch.

Richard
Aaahaa,monkeying with the scene before taking pictures to post. How are we to know if and how many others messed with that trap before you got there? I seem to recall seeing this movie before? Only difference was the trap was much larger and huge barefoot tracks lead away into the forest. 🦧

/ Live Animal Traps #16  
Without game cam footage - I question the validity of that hole. Otherwise - rat, ferret or weasel.

/ Live Animal Traps #17  
Considering programs available for doctoring video,I'm not sure you should believe your lying eyes if footage become's available.