OK, now I'll try it with the picture.

Just seeing if you're paying attention!!/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Attachments

• 44-179783-MVC-003S.JPG
    44-179783-MVC-003S.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 225
   / Live Hydraulics vs Independent PTO
Hi Rich
A fine looking piece of machinery. I actually have a Zane Thang on my little Fergie and, after a bit of adjustment I am really pleased with how it works. The Live Thang is something different which, if I understand the messages on YTMAG, will allow the PTO to be shut off but still let the Hydraulics lift the 3pt - as one person described it I can drive down the road with my Bush Hog attached, have my Hydraulics on so the BH doesn't slump down, and not have the blade spinning. Apparently remote hydraulics and a power steering options are possible by products of this unit - more $$ of course. I'm not sure I need somethng that fancy but I sure would like to be able to get in and out of my dirt floor barn without producing a huge cloud of dust /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

Cheers
Bob

/ Live Hydraulics vs Independent PTO #13  
Lets see.. if you are looking for a bit newer, I know the John deere 2240 circa... oh 1979 had independent pto. My stepfather has one.. the pto is hydro engaged from a little flip up lever under the steering column.

Soundguy

<font color=green>Thanks John and Soundguy
I needed a little confirmation that I wasn't completely out to lunch in thinking that I could get IPTO - now the challenge is finding it on an older, less expensie tractor. I've been looking at Fergusons and Massey Fergusons 'cause I am using a '51 Ferguson 2085 now and I realy like the size and manoverability, the fact that I can get parts easily and, even for an amateur like me, some repairs are actually within my skill level. Are there other colours that I should investigate? What models?

/ Live Hydraulics vs Independent PTO #14  
My Massey Ferguson Super 90 that I sold last year would do all of that.