Load divider dolly,

/ Load divider dolly, #11  
Very true however I have never seen a receiver hitch that was not rated higher when used with a weight distributing hitch then when used as a straight drawbar pulling hitch.

For a long time, this was true. Some of the HD pickups have started coming with the same ratings, regardless of WDH use. I believe it was around 2018 or 2019 that started, coming from the factory.

/ Load divider dolly, #12  
Very true however I have never seen a receiver hitch that was not rated higher when used with a weight distributing hitch then when used as a straight drawbar pulling hitch.yes, rated higher for a higher tongue weight - not for an upward force.
Every equalizer hitch puts a lifting rotating force into the receiver hitch how else can it unload a rear axle and increase the front axle and trailer axle loadings.i think we are missing some here. again, even for weight distribution hitches, the force is still downward on the truck hitch. The weight distribution arms just move the load rearwards so as to not put "as much" downward force on receiver hitch. In this trailer helper case (OP original post) it is actually pushing upwards.

/ Load divider dolly, #13  
Well to me it is an interesting idea which I kind of like.
I also did not see any trailer hitch on the unit and it didn't seem to be advertising any trailer capabilities.
Also I would not be in the least worried about the direction of any applied loading.
Have a good day.

/ Load divider dolly, #14  
Interesting idea, no doubt. I would be concerned about using it, because typically the rear frame sections behind the rear springs are lighter than the rest of the frame, and if you overload the truck, all of the weight you are trying to get rid of becomes that rear section of frame's problem. If you move the weight up against the front of the bed, it would probably make it even worse.
I don't see any provision for adding a hitch to it, and doubt it is designed for a trailer.
David from jax

/ Load divider dolly,
Interesting idea, no doubt. I would be concerned about using it, because typically the rear frame sections behind the rear springs are lighter than the rest of the frame, and if you overload the truck, all of the weight you are trying to get rid of becomes that rear section of frame's problem. If you move the weight up against the front of the bed, it would probably make it even worse.
I don't see any provision for adding a hitch to it, and doubt it is designed for a trailer.
David from jax
Lots of good points made. Well if there's no provisions for a hitch it's useless for a lot of potential buyers imo. I believe it's Ridgid mounted into the receiver, with no coupler, if I read it right. Still with manufacturers upping towing capacity on 1/2 tons to what 3/4 and even older 1tons used to tow it might work or not with some extra reinforcement on the back of a trucks frame. One of the biggest things I found when I tow something properly loaded is the ability to not be pushed and the ability to stop.

/ Load divider dolly, #16  

Attachments

• KIMG1558.jpg
    KIMG1558.jpg
    830.3 KB · Views: 67