Loader as excavator???

/ Loader as excavator??? #11  
I used one of the rippers from TSC to get the ground started, then just used my plain 6' bucket to dig many projects over the years. This was for my storm shelter build about 10 years ago. Ours is a lot of red clay and layers of chert rock - with a few really big rocks peppered thru. Only had to hire a backhoe to do my footer and utility and french drain trenching. I've used and abused my little 4110 over the years but it has done a BUNCH of work for me.

Attachments

• Projects 003.JPG
    Projects 003.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Projects 006.JPG
    Projects 006.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Projects 007.JPG
    Projects 007.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Projects 005.JPG
    Projects 005.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 72
   / Loader as excavator??? #12  
I'd box blade it to a pile then scoop it. Geometry get's funky/high stress with the loader once the pins get below the bottom of the tires.
How's about stripping topsoil for a gravel pad build? Probably going down 12". I'd like to do so this spring with my Bobcat 2025. Regular FL7 loader, no teeth. I have done some such stripping already with machine. Didn't seem to struggle. Don't want to stress hydro system though.

/ Loader as excavator??? #14  
I dug two ponds with the loader bucket with no tooth bar. Angle the bucket right and the right size tractor will doze right thru clay. This bucket is 7 foot wide.
1-2-09 Mahindra dozing lots of clay.jpg

hugs, Brandi

/ Loader as excavator??? #15  
I used to use my tiller to break up the grass/soil, then scoop it up. The tiller not only cut into the dirt, but made it nice and loose. No big dirt chunks.
That's how I've done it in the past. The FEL is not an 'excavator'... scoop and lift. It's how I levelled for the pad of my 5-bay shed.

My tiller has also been used to 'turn in' (mix) mulch and I'm very popular with the local Community Garden for breaking new ground for their garden beds. It's been a versatile implement.

Mind you, you use what implements that you have, I suppose.

/ Loader as excavator??? #16  
Hi Brandi! So many FF friends here.