Loader relief valve - not functioning?

/ Loader relief valve - not functioning? #1  

Gregster613

Platinum Member
Southern Ca. halfway up a mountain in rural Ramona
Tractor
273 TYM. 2009 //Yardmachines 7 Speed Shift-on-the-goScotts L2048
TYM'rs, I have another observation that I'd like some input on. I've noticed this for quite some time now but today I thought I'd mention it. My LT200 loader valve never seems to go into relief? At least, I hear nothing that sounds like it's relieving.
I was moving some dirt around today (for the wife) from a pile of "loose" dirt that I had stockpiled. Drive into pile with loader flat on ground, just before wheels spin, stop forward motion and begin to attempt to rise loader = no go.
If I curl and uncurl [as i was taught while running heavy junk] wiggle the bucket to get a full load, all hydraulic functions are fine. It just won't pick up the loader while stuck into the pile. It will pick up a fully loaded bucket just fine. So I guess I don't have any problems - but I wonder why it doesn't go into relief mode if the load is too strenous for the loader? It just sits there not moving at all; until I curl/uncurl or back the tractor just "slightly" off the pile.
I read all about these postings where the relief just screams like mad, and on my 273 it doesn't happen. The loader simply won't pick up if the load is too heavy (just stays in whatever position it's in) but never does the relief come into play. I'm not overly concerned with this, but I'm wondering why shouldn't the relief squeal if the load stops the loader from lifting? Do yours?
I just have adjusted to operating it as it is and I have no complaints, but am curious as to why? Shed some light for me? Thanks, Greg