Local tractor hauling for private party sale

/ Local tractor hauling for private party sale #1  

Jeff59Va

Tractor
Kubota L3240HST, Kubota RTV1120D, Kubota BX2380
So I found a tractor that I am interested in from a private seller about 100 miles away. I have a single axle trailer, but it is too heavy for me to transport on that trailer (tractor is about 3200 lb). Who would I call for a local transport?

I called a towing company that is close by yesterday and they said "the guy" that does that is out, so they could not give me any idea on price. I was thinking is just like towing a car isn't it? Why is there a special guy for it? Do towing companies typically do this work?

/ Local tractor hauling for private party sale #2  
Do you have a truck? You could rent a trailer big enough to haul it.

Towing services here will do it but it's not cheap. You could ask your local dealer that you would use for servicing your tractor for a quote.

/ Local tractor hauling for private party sale #3  
Just off the top of my head,
if it's a 100 miles it will be over 2 hours each way,
so 4-6 hours to get to, load, haul to you, and return to the haulers base,
the cost of trucking around here depending on who you use will be 2-5 dollars a mile
for your sized load.
Unless you find someone that has a 5000# trailer and doesn't value there time at much.
Good Luck
enjoy the tractor

/ Local tractor hauling for private party sale #4  
I’m guessing that’s a $500 tow. I agree with renting a trailer if you have a suitable tow vehicle.

/ Local tractor hauling for private party sale #5  
Check Craigslist for hauling companies in your area. This is a common way they advertise.

/ Local tractor hauling for private party sale #6  
Your local U-haul could be a good resource.

/ Local tractor hauling for private party sale #7  
Check with your tractor dealer and other dealers. Many use third party haulers to pick up and deliver customer's tractors. These guys will know how to load / unload and properly tie down a tractor.

/ Local tractor hauling for private party sale #8  
Yep, u-haul.

/ Local tractor hauling for private party sale #9  
Be ready to tell uhaul that you’re hauling a car of similar weight. They didn’t have 1952 Ford 8N in their computer last time I hauled mine and the teenager behind the desk didn’t know what to do.

/ Local tractor hauling for private party sale #10  
If you use u-haul you can't be truthfull when you pick up a trailer.
The car hauler is only for "cars",
the open top trailers are only for household goods.
If you mention hauling a vehicle they have a chart listing what your tow vehicle can tow.