Lock n lube grease gun fitting

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #21  
My original locknload fits every zerk on all my equipment.

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #22  
They make a longer version of the standard one that will fit into most spaces.

I bought the longer version with hopes that it would fit into the recessed zerks on my LS's loader. It won't; the diameter of the LnL is too big.

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #23  
Bought the LnLgrrase gun (comes with the fitting) -used for the first time today. Great first impressions, hope they last. Very clean and easy greasing

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #24  
Mine will fit the recessed fittings on my loader but not the pins on my EA grapple. I am going to rig up an adapter for that or modify the pins. Not sure which one yet. For everything else it works great.

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #25  
I have a L'nL. Works great where you need a third hand. DOES NOT work on many of the zerks on the FEL. Many zerks on the FEL are in a recessed "pocket". The outer diameter of the L'nL is greater than the diameter of the recessed pocket. Back to one of my standard guns.

I've had one zerk that refused to take grease. I replaced it. I have one zerk that is ALWAYS a pain in the azz. Raise the upper jaw of the grapple - life is good.

I have two multi-multi packs of grease zerks. About 20% will ever fit and be used.

I have a Kubota L48 TLB (2006).
Many of the zerks on both my Kubota FEL and Kubota BH are in "recessed pockets" also.
My L'nL fits every single zerk on my machine.
Is my L'nL different, or is my Kubota different?
I dunno!

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #26  
Probably the most common reason a fitting won't take grease is having pressure on the side of the pin the fitting is on. Often just moving the bucket or whatever to relieve that pressure is all that is needed to get grease to flow.

Generally if I encounter a fitting that won't take grease I remove the fitting, dig all the dried grease out of the hole with a scribe, and stick the removed fitting on the grease gun to verify it operates. It is rare since I service all my equipment and use grease that doesn't harden quickly. I do on occasion have to fight with a pin here or there on my backhoe. Seems forcing things down into the dirt can have consequences.

I could attest to this, I see it most on the pivot joint on the backhoe, between boom and dipper.

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #27  
I bought the longer version with hopes that it would fit into the recessed zerks on my LS's loader. It won't; the diameter of the LnL is too big.

I recently got a LnL and was able to grease all the zerks on my LS. It is a tight fit on the recesses of the FEL but it did fit. Do you have a build up??? Maybe my loader is a bit different?

If it did not fit, I would not bother using it all. It is a nice accessory but not that nice. Having to use a second grease gun would be pain and most of the zerks that need frequent service are on the loader anyway.

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #28  
I only have a couple of fittings on my backhoe and my JD loader it won't get on. I have a 8 in hose with a male and female fitting to use on those.

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #29  
Here is my extender for the one I can't reach:

P7150002.JPG
P7150003.JPG

P7150007.JPG
P7150011.JPG

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #30  
On my b7800 Kubota i wasn't able to reach deep enough to get the fittings on the lift arms that are right at the operators station so I got on the web and found "zerqs plus" and found some extended length zerqs that fit perfectly and now I can grease all of the tractor, loader, backhoe and all the other impelements with the DeWalt and L&L.