locking fuel cap for M7060

/ locking fuel cap for M7060 #2  
Locking cap? stealing diesel? didnt know people still did that kind of thing. They usually just steal the whole machine

/ locking fuel cap for M7060 #3  
I got mine at NAPA.

/ locking fuel cap for M7060 #4  
Locking cap? stealing diesel? didnt know people still did that kind of thing. They usually just steal the whole machine

Stealing fuel isnt the only bad thing that can happen. Bad things can be added to fuel.

Last edited:
   / locking fuel cap for M7060 #5  
What's worse than stealing fuel or stealing a machine is sabotage.

The worst thing I've heard of was someone got upset and chopped all of the injector lines, fuel lines, wiring looms, with bolt cutters. Thousands of dollars of damages. They did it so covertly that the owner didn't know until they tried starting the machine.

/ locking fuel cap for M7060 #6  
What's worse than stealing fuel or stealing a machine is sabotage.

The worst thing I've heard of was someone got upset and chopped all of the injector lines, fuel lines, wiring looms, with bolt cutters. Thousands of dollars of damages. They did it so covertly that the owner didn't know until they tried starting the machine.

All you have to do is dump a bottle of soda into a fuel tank.....
I never understood Kubotas reluctance to offer locking fuel caps. My Massey came standard with one. Cant get one for my Kubota Ms from Kubota or aftermarket.

/ locking fuel cap for M7060 #8  
Really don’t understand why Kubota tractors don’t have locking caps while their construction equipment, like me SVL, has a locking cap standard.

/ locking fuel cap for M7060 #9  
Stealing fuel isnt the only bad thing that can happen. Bad things can be added to fuel.

My friends ex had a big-time grudge....

After several fuel filters later on his duramax..
We dropped the tank cleaned it out, in it and around the filler neck found what looked to be fine potash from a fire
Couple thousand $$$ later he sold the truck.

/ locking fuel cap for M7060 #10  
I’d think you could rig up something like a cable through an eye bolt (if you’re brave enough to drill a hole and try to seal it into your cap)
A locking cap on the M would just be a deterrent no better than a homemade solution as a strong boot would remove anything from the plastic filler neck....
We lock our airplanes up... but the window just slides down....
looks walking by either attract or deter :)