Long 445

/ Long 445 #1  

pycoed

Silver Member
Tractor
Zetor 7045; Wheelhorses C121, C101, A8;Cushman Turf truckster
Should the TPH arms power down as well as up on the Long 445? Mine lift fine, but won't come down without some weight on them. This is my first real tractor so I don't know if this is normal. If it ain't, where should I look to clean/adjust/repair?

/ Long 445 #2  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
I could be wrong but I don't think any of them have power down on the TPH.

/ Long 445 #3  

VistanTN

Silver Member
middle TN, closest to Beechgrove, then Bell Buckle
Tractor
A-C 5020-4, Mahindra 6500 4WD, Kubota L4740 HSTC 4WD
You should have a valve that controls the bleed rate as you push your control lever to lower the arms. I don't know your model, but it is usually right under the seat between your legs. If it is set fairly closed (like you would for a heavy implement so it doesn't drop like a rock) the arms alone will fall VERY slowly, if at all -- but that isn't anything "wrong". If you open that valve up, even the arm weight should be enough to drop the arms fairly quickly -- just remember to adjust it back down when you put the XXX pound whatever on the 3PH or XXX will become the proverbial rock when you go to lower it.

/ Long 445
OP
P

pycoed

Silver Member
Tractor
Zetor 7045; Wheelhorses C121, C101, A8;Cushman Turf truckster
VistanTN said:
You should have a valve that controls the bleed rate as you push your control lever to lower the arms. I don't know your model, but it is usually right under the seat between your legs. If it is set fairly closed (like you would for a heavy implement so it doesn't drop like a rock) the arms alone will fall VERY slowly, if at all -- but that isn't anything "wrong". If you open that valve up, even the arm weight should be enough to drop the arms fairly quickly -- just remember to adjust it back down when you put the XXX pound whatever on the 3PH or XXX will become the proverbial rock when you go to lower it.

Thanks Vistan - I do have a sensitivity control on the TPH. I'll give it a whirl & see what happens. What you describe makes sense to me
Cheers
JohnL