Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters
Lincoln's do smoke and Esab are good too. They did buy a really good factory for producing consumables. I am hoping one day we can recommend LONGEVITY rods and call it a day!

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #92  
Ok I guess next time I am at air liquide, I will pick up 5 or 10 # of esab 10p and atom arc. (if they have them, they normally sell their house brand rods, made in canada)

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #93  
Ok I guess next time I am at air liquide, I will pick up 5 or 10 # of esab 10p and atom arc. (if they have them, they normally sell their house brand rods, made in canada)

AL's house brand are fine rods. You should have no problem. Theyre my preferred brand.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #94  
AL's house brand are fine rods. You should have no problem. Theyre my preferred brand.

The ones I have used, have been great. I find they actually cost more then linoln rods though. How easy does the flux come off the AL brand rods though? I find it just falls off the lincoln rods at times.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #95  

I deal with a little independent, I like to go "where everybody knows your name".:laughing:

But they don't carry ESAB products, so I have to go to Air Gas.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #96  
I deal with a little independent, I like to go "where everybody knows your name".:laughing:

But they don't carry ESAB products, so I have to go to Air Gas.

How much is a box of atom arc 7018? If it costs less then air liquide brand rods, I will go to airgas.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #97  
The ones I have used, have been great. I find they actually cost more then linoln rods though. How easy does the flux come off the AL brand rods though? I find it just falls off the lincoln rods at times.

The flux is very good. You can get some flaking on 7018's but thats when they are wet.

I found Praxair's prices higher than AL. Could be different where you are however

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #98  
How much is a box of atom arc 7018? If it costs less then air liquide brand rods, I will go to airgas.

Oh I wish you hadn't ask that! I'm gonna say $110.00 + tax for a 50 # can of 1/8, and $115.00 for a 50 # can of 3/32. But I really can't remember.:confused2:

Here's some pricing for you, but I don't recommend buying 7018 at least 1/8 or 5/32 on line! 3/32 is not bad but larger rods about a 1/3rd of them will be broken when you get them!:mad:

ESAB Atom Arc 7018 - Google Search

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #99  
Oh I wish you hadn't ask that! I'm gonna say $110.00 + tax for a 50 # can of 1/8, and $115.00 for a 50 # can of 3/32. But I really can't remember.:confused2:

Here's some pricing for you, but I don't recommend buying 7018 at least 1/8 or 5/32 on line! 3/32 is not bad but larger rods about a 1/3rd of them will be broken when you get them!:mad:

ESAB Atom Arc 7018 - Google Search

Wow those cost a fair bit more then lincoln rods. 10# of atom arc is about $10 more then 10# of lincoln. I would be reluctant to buy a 50# can of 7018, seeing as I dont have any good way to keep them dry. I might just get a 10# can of 7018 and 6010 for now, and start buying 50# cans when I buy/build a rod oven.