Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon.....

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #41  

Nope....

Battle Ready!
Travis

20160729_08302422es.jpg

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #42  
LOL! It's Yanmarbot vs Tractorachnid!

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #44  
Nope....

Battle Ready!
Travis

View attachment 512544

That is great! A few years back, we started seeing pretty dramatic styling changes from Japanese auto manufacturers. They had started by copying American car styling, progressed to hiring Italians, and now felt that the world was ready for Japanese sensibilities. I admit that many of them look odd to me. But, I understand the motivation.

When it all gets down to it. It is a tractor, and the important thing is getting the job done.

I have a couple of Willys CJ's to take care of any need for rolling things of timeless beauty.

13124619_10154090579622429_3258469890872795399_n.jpg

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #45  
Those third function kits aren't cheap.
Yanmar offers a factory third function kit that can be added fairly easily anytime, and I believe they may even get WR long to make it for them. Yanmars kit will be made specific and come with instructions and will be roughly the same price.

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #46  
Last edited:
   / Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #47  
What factors stood out with the Yanmar?
new guy here. the yt 235c looks so good to me I will order one thursday. the conformable seat withh the adjustable are rest so you hand fits the control lever for the bucket, the quick disconnect for the bucket you can
'use other brands of equipment the a/c for summer and heat for the winter, easy to do maintenance on it. and Mike at the dealer ship in Lubbock, TX K & S Tractor Sales has bent over backwards trying to help me get what
I want. The YT 235 has more options than the kubota for less money and the backhoe looks very well built as I
need to remove a bunch of stumps and brush, small trees. Attachments are easy to hook up plus a 10 year warranty and I believe a 3 year front to back warranty no interest to finance for 84 months.I have looked at a
lot of tractors and I like this one the best imo its the better choice.

willy

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #48  
The parts supply chain is questionable/weak with very few stateside dealers compared to Deere and Kubota. I only use Deere and Kubota becuase they are likely Yanmar's closest competition.

While researching the new Yanmars I found several instances where there was a long wait for parts that weren't in-stock at a local dealer and this seemed especially true on the west coast. Maybe this situation will improve as Yanmar's dealer network expends.

What if Yanmar fails to gain market share and pulls out of the US market? I hope that doesn't happen but I've seen several imported tractors come and go over the years.

The headlights/frontend remind me of something from the movie Transformers. The looks did nothing for me but that's a matter of opinion.

That said, I wish they were priced more competitively to put pressure on Deere and Kubota pricing.

td
check this out:

willy