Looking for a mower that is great on hills

/ Looking for a mower that is great on hills #11  
For commercial use, Ventrac would be my choice.

/ Looking for a mower that is great on hills #12  
My boss is looking for a mower that is great on steep hills, (preferably rider), is quick, good cut quality, nice stripes. Can be no larger than a 52". He left it up to me to find one for a good price.
Thanks for the help, Peace!

Unlikely your boss will be happy with your choice. Rider, steep hills, and good price (whatever that is) are difficult criteria.
For more educated information post the slope degrees or percent, and a budget.
Without knowing the slope and actual budget, a commercial walk behind mower may be the best choice (non rider though).

/ Looking for a mower that is great on hills #13  
Can’t imagine how much a Ventrac would cost.

/ Looking for a mower that is great on hills #14  
My boss is looking for a mower that is great on steep hills, (preferably rider), is quick, good cut quality, nice stripes. Can be no larger than a 52". He left it up to me to find one for a good price.
Thanks for the help, Peace!
Ok, how "good" of a price haha!

/ Looking for a mower that is great on hills #15  
Can’t imagine how much a Ventrac would cost.

/ Looking for a mower that is great on hills #16  
Power Trac (ask MossRoad), Ventrac, Steiner ... good, but they won't be cheap.

Buy cheap, and they won't be good.

MossRoad is a wealth of info, knowledge, and experience on these machines. I trust him. I know what I want, but can't yet afford :)

/ Looking for a mower that is great on hills #17  
Ouch!

/ Looking for a mower that is great on hills #18  
Power Trac (ask MossRoad), Ventrac, Steiner ... good, but they won't be cheap.

Buy cheap, and they won't be good.

MossRoad is a wealth of info, knowledge, and experience on these machines. I trust him. I know what I want, but can't yet afford :)

We need budget info!!! 🙃

I love spending other peoples’ money.

/ Looking for a mower that is great on hills #19  
A $17,000 mower plus a $3,500 self-leveling seat?

I presume "boss" wants a mower to maintain commercial property, which will be operated by an employee. Boss may be will to pay up for relative safety of employee.

Were I the boss, I would hire this out to a well insured mowing service with experience operating on slopes. Too much potential liability from my small business experience.

Also, getting an employee to perform preventative maintenance PROPERLY will be an ongoing problem.

Last edited:
   / Looking for a mower that is great on hills #20  
For commercial use, Ventrac would be my choice.
Ventrac is not my choice for commercial hillside mowing.

A7451271-CF75-48B4-A098-D8E251759A13.jpeg

The Cub Cadet Pro Z S is my choice for commercial hillside mowing. This particular example is $14K.

A Cub Cadet Pro Z S 100 can be purchased for around $10K and I believe they have a 52” option.

Mike