Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #31  
I do not agree to your statement on the DOC.
I'm running a long haul truck, with a EPA 2004 CAT c13 Acert engine. A DOC was part of Caterpillar's solution to comply with the EPA standards at that time.
The DOC held up to over 40.000 hours until it was finally plugged.
Long haul trucks do not always have a lots of load on the engine or run high Rpms.

To one of the previous posters, if it says SCR, it requires DEF.

I would go with any DOC model any time.
You are correct - the Massey with SCR requires DEF - I looked over their brochure way too fast last night before my post.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #32  
I had a New Holland TN75D with cab and self leveling bucket for many years. Excellent machine 75HP & no DPF

Andy

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #34  
A little background: my wife and I grew up in farming/ranching families. We formerly had about 45 acres that we ran cattle and horses on. We had a Kubota M9540 and liked it very much. Our thinking has always been buy heavier duty than you think you need and don't work it so hard. We had an unexpected career change and move and sold our farm as well as the tractor. Now that we are settling back in a getting a new farm, we are going to need a new tractor. Our farm is smaller this time around, about 30 acres as we don't have as much time to live the farm life with a new business and new baby.

In hindsight, the M9540 was probably a little bigger than what we really needed although it made handling round bales and downed trees a breeze. This time around, I'm leaning towards a 70-75hp so we will at least be able to comfortably run a 12 ft batwing clipper and not feel tippy with big round bales. Open to any brand. Located in N Alabama and there is a dealer for just about every brand within about an hour of us. Open to new or used, budget 45k-ish. Will probably have this tractor for decades.

Must have:
Cab Yes
Front end loader Yes
4WD Yes
3 rear remotes 2 standard, 3rd available
3rd function on FEL Available
Buddy seat Standard
Hydraulic shuttle Standard

Would like to have (in order of importance):
No DPF Yes, uses DOC.
Self leveling loader I have the 550LU which is not. I think the 555LU is self-leveling.
3PH adjustable from rear of tractor Option available.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice. I've been looking, but feel like there are so many choices in that range that it's a bit overwhelming.

Expand above to see comments. I bought a 2019 New Holland Workmaster 75 with cab last year for $46,000. That price included the third function, 220# of wheel weights per side, and R4 tires, R1 is standard. Radio is standard. The new Workmaster series is made in Turkey by NH, as part of a joint venture. It is not a rebadged tractor from another manufacturer.

As far as the DOC clogging, I doubt it will be an issue in my lifetime. If it is an issue at 40,000 hours and I put 200 hours a year on it, that gives me 200 years before it is an issue :). PTO speed is 1960 RPMs. The majority of my time is spent mowing. I always run it at PTO speed, even just moving it around. It is a very quiet cab, you can hear the tunes from the radio without having to crank it up loud. Very comfortable ride, with an air ride seat standard. I have the black sunroof to help keep the Texas sun out. When mowing in 100 degrees weather the AC kept the cab cool.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #35  
A little background: my wife and I grew up in farming/ranching families. We formerly had about 45 acres that we ran cattle and horses on. We had a Kubota M9540 and liked it very much. Our thinking has always been buy heavier duty than you think you need and don't work it so hard. We had an unexpected career change and move and sold our farm as well as the tractor. Now that we are settling back in a getting a new farm, we are going to need a new tractor. Our farm is smaller this time around, about 30 acres as we don't have as much time to live the farm life with a new business and new baby.

In hindsight, the M9540 was probably a little bigger than what we really needed although it made handling round bales and downed trees a breeze. This time around, I'm leaning towards a 70-75hp so we will at least be able to comfortably run a 12 ft batwing clipper and not feel tippy with big round bales. Open to any brand. Located in N Alabama and there is a dealer for just about every brand within about an hour of us. Open to new or used, budget 45k-ish. Will probably have this tractor for decades.

Must have:
Cab
Front end loader
4WD
3 rear remotes
3rd function on FEL
Buddy seat
Hydraulic shuttle

Would like to have (in order of importance):
No DPF
Self leveling loader
3PH adjustable from rear of tractor

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice. I've been looking, but feel like there are so many choices in that range that it's a bit overwhelming.
Going off of your "must-haves," most new 70-75 HP tractors can be had in MFWD with a cab, a hydraulic shuttle transmission, and can be had with a third function and/or 3 rear remotes. However, tractors of this size have no more than 4-5 remotes in total including the two mid-mount remotes for the loader. You can run a third function to the loader but it would be either from a diverter or you would run a hose from your third rear remote to the loader and run the third function using the remote lever. Also, not all tractors of that size are available with a buddy seat. I know Deere just started to offer buddy seats in that size of tractor in the past few years, and if I remember correctly CNH does as well, not sure about Kubota. Anything made since 2013-2014 will have a DPF/DOC, most of the major makers have self-leveling loaders as options, but most tractors of that size do not have rear fender mounted 3 point controls.

If you want one for $45kish, 3-6 months ago you could have gotten a New Holland Workmaster 75/CaseIH Farmall 75C set up in that fashion for right about that much, but the dealers in my area are out of tractors. Deere would have charged about $7-8k more than that for a cabbed MFWD 5075E, diverter, 520M MSL loader, and the buddy seat (~$650 option), the big four-state dealer in my area has exactly one of those tractors in their entire company. If I remember correctly, Kubota wanted about $50k for a cabbed M7060. The only things available around my area that are even close to what you would want for $45k or less are either larger used tractors the size of your previous Kubota, open station tractors (the supply is pretty thin on these too), and the Deere dealer has a handful of cabbed 2WD 5075E tractors that are otherwise set up how you describe. Those are popular around here for haying as MFWD is often seen as a liability in a haying tractor due to a much wider turning radius and increased field damage during turning.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #36  
I'm in a similar position looking at a used 90-100hp tractor but only have Deere, CaseIH, and Kubota dealers nearby. Are the 5E equivalent to the Farmall C, and how's the Farmall C for reliability? I'm leaning Farmall because the 5E has had reliability issues from what I've read and the 5M is about 30% more expensive. I might get that back at trade in but it doesn't seem worth the cost up front.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #37  
I would think the 5E equivalent would be the Farmall A. The M is more like the C I think.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #38  
I would think the 5E equivalent would be the Farmall A. The M is more like the C I think
The Farmall A is roughly equivalent to an open station 5E with the TSS transmission. The loaders on the Farmall A are about as strong as the Deere 512 loader on 2wd machines. The MFWD 5Es 520M loader is a lot stronger than any loader on a Farmall A. The Farmall C is similar to a MFWD 5E with the PowerReverser transmission.

The Deere 5M is a larger, fancier tractor similar to the NH Power Star line and its red equivalent.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #39  
I have a Case Farmall 75A cabbed, with power shuttle transmission. Both are of course options.

But you're correct, the loader capacity of the 75A is considerably less than JD.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #40  
Check out Mahindra 6075 they run about $43k with most of the options your looking for.