Buying Advice Looking for a tractor

/ Looking for a tractor #51  
I wonder if there are any pallets on this 40 acres............

/ Looking for a tractor #52  
OP may be a troll, don't know. However the question is not that strange to me, as it was similar to myself six months ago. I went from .5 to 85 acres. Thought I was going to keep half of it mowed all the time. I now realize that is unrealistic and I have tempered my expectations. I never owned a tractor before, haven't mowed a lawn in 30 plus years and had no idea what equipment I needed. Still don't :)

/ Looking for a tractor #53  
OP may be a troll, don't know. However the question is not that strange to me,
The question is OK, what is strange is the OP has not been back to read any of the answers.

/ Looking for a tractor #54  
If you have 40 acres to mow.... why on earth would you do it every single week? Most people only mow that many acres 3-5 times per year.
Fence it and buy cows, sheep, or goats..

/ Looking for a tractor #56  
Should the OP come back it is safe to assume he is looking for a lawn finish. To mow 40 acres weekly he needs a mower like this and a 90 hp tractor. It will take him 4 to 8 hrs depending on conditions and obstacles.

/ Looking for a tractor #57  
:rolleyes:

/ Looking for a tractor #58  
Looking for a good used tractor to mow 40 acres once a week. I'm new to tractors so help help help. I hear I need a diesel, four wheel drive front end loader and mower. I don't need something that is going to break down and I also need a tractor 101 education so I can care for it properly, operate it safely, etc.
I'd start by going to your local dealers and asking questions.
When I started looking, I found one dealer rather helpful, while another wouldn't give me the time of day (unless I walked in with a wad of ca$h in my hand).
When I finally found a used Kubota at the dealer I liked, and I thought was sized right for my purpose, I bought it. No regrets.
I'm sure I paid more than I needed to because I bought from a dealer, but just like a car dealer, they sell the best items off their lot, and the stuff with problems get auctioned.

/ Looking for a tractor #59  
Looking for a good used tractor to mow 40 acres once a week. I'm new to tractors so help help help. I hear I need a diesel, four wheel drive front end loader and mower. I don't need something that is going to break down and I also need a tractor 101 education so I can care for it properly, operate it safely, etc.
Have you looked at all your options? If the grass is decent, people who run livestock where I am are always looking for more land to bale (here they'll round bale it and haul it off for $5-10 per bale, and results vary per location, but with 40 ac here you'd be looking at $600-1200 per cutting with 2-3 cuttings per year). Deal we made with some was they cut, rake, and square bale, we store and market. That would be more like $4000-5000 for your sized place per cutting here. I just bought all the equipment for $13,000 (used, and I have worked on it) to square bale it myself. Made $6500 on 20 ac in one cutting. But that's a lot of work.