Looking for Hy-tran Replacement

/ Looking for Hy-tran Replacement #11  
I have been looking everywhere to find out what is the proper trans oil for a 3444? I just bought a basket case loader backhoe and the trans was drained some rust but I was able to free everything up with liquid wrench, I want to fille it while the top is off, I was thinking 80-90 gear, but a lot off tractors use hydralic oil. what uis proper for the 3444 last 60's model I think

/ Looking for Hy-tran Replacement #12  
If a Case IH dealer says he can't sell you Hy-Tran for a Case IH tractor that takes Hy-Tran, go to a different Case IH dealer.

/ Looking for Hy-tran Replacement #13  
If a Case IH dealer says he can't sell you Hy-Tran for a Case IH tractor that takes Hy-Tran, go to a different Case IH dealer.

Right On. No good dealer will pass up on a sale!

I believe that as a registered dealer they must supply with a workable part for replacement,

/ Looking for Hy-tran Replacement #14  
Huh! I sell it the same for that model tractor! Haven't heard of that one. I've been experimenting some with the synthetics but their is no comparable in petroleum base oils as it's been the best for years and the ultra just keeps them up there! Get the ultra!

Could not agree more.

/ Looking for Hy-tran Replacement #15  
I have some Case-IH Hy-Tran Ultra for another tractor. It doesn稚 mention being a replacement for Hy-Tran or list any specs for it. Dealer Sells a McCormick fluid that lists it as a Hy-Tran replacement fluid. He claims you shouldn稚 use the Ultra in my tractor. And the tractor manual doesn稚 list Hy-Tran Ultra at all. Of course, Ultra might have not been out in ?0. The dealer just said Ultra was not good for my brakes. It was fine for everything else but my brakes might get grabby and wear faster. Never thought about looking for that stuff at TSC. I値l check it out the next time I知 in town.

Interesting that your dealer has it backwards! The ultra was improved for the wet brake tractors. You are correct that the ultra was not available in the 90's!

/ Looking for Hy-tran Replacement #16  
Interesting that your dealer has it backwards! The ultra was improved for the wet brake tractors. You are correct that the ultra was not available in the 90's!

Had it backwards almost 14 years ago. Post was made 12-05-2005, 09:22 AM, so maybe they got it straight by now.

/ Looking for Hy-tran Replacement #17  
I can't imagine a premium fluid not being suitable for regular grade trans-hyd fluid......and the dye is just dye used for identification purposes. My experience with fluids is that regular hyd or trans-hyd fluid is undyed and the premium like I buy at TSC is dyed orange just like the OEM premium in my tractors requiring a premium fluid for hydrostats and wet brakes to name a couple of reasons for the requirement.

/ Looking for Hy-tran Replacement #18  
   / Looking for Hy-tran Replacement #19  
   / Looking for Hy-tran Replacement #20  
I use the Tractor Supply universal hydraulic transmission oil in my IH3444. Tractor Supply now has Rotella transmission hydraulic fluid, 5 gal pail for $57. Stay away from Chinese oils. RicKB is spot on.