Looking for info on Ford 550 TLB

/ Looking for info on Ford 550 TLB
Well got her home and unloaded, put her next to the Massey for a couple pics. One of my boys noticed it right away and had to climb all over it.

One thing I noticed while driving it around, it's lacking power. When I try to put a load on it, like putting it in a high gear and trying to drive it, it wants to bog right down. When this happens, pushing down on the foot throttle makes no difference and the engine doesn't recover.

Does that sound fuel delivery related (and I still haven't fully cleaned the fuel system yet), or something else?

1487448164696.jpg1487448285037.jpg1487448362494.jpg1487448467815.jpg1487448540904.jpg

/ Looking for info on Ford 550 TLB #42  
Well got her home and unloaded, put her next to the Massey for a couple pics. One of my boys noticed it right away and had to climb all over it.

One thing I noticed while driving it around, it's lacking power. When I try to put a load on it, like putting it in a high gear and trying to drive it, it wants to bog right down. When this happens, pushing down on the foot throttle makes no difference and the engine doesn't recover.

Does that sound fuel delivery related (and I still haven't fully cleaned the fuel system yet), or something else?

View attachment 499233View attachment 499234View attachment 499235View attachment 499236View attachment 499237

That is a mighty cute little guy with...HIS...new toy!

/ Looking for info on Ford 550 TLB #43  
Given its history, I would first drain the fuel tank, look inside for junk, clean the fuel lines (disconnect, blow air through, reconnect, replace if rubber), check the fuel cap vent, then replace the fuel and air filters.

After that if you still have problems, dig deeper into it.

Aaron Z

/ Looking for info on Ford 550 TLB #44  
Yeah excellent point in the tach... I'll be crossing my fingers for that.

Regarding filters, yes I've been planning exactly that. Thru Napa I'd be paying $139 for the full set. I can order the full Baldwin set from a seller on eBay for $129. And I can piece together and order the full Wix set on Amazon for $111. I've had good luck with Wix filters, but I also read that Baldwin makes quality filters also.
Baldwin Filters are Nebraska made, in fact in the town where you delivered the tractor to us at!!! The Backhoe appears to be a fun project!

/ Looking for info on Ford 550 TLB
Well actually got to play with the tractor today. Started digging a footing for an extension to my barn.

The machine did really well, digging power seems adequate. I still haven't changed fluids and filters yet, that's coming soon. The unit sometimes struggles to maintain RPM and stalled a few times. In fairness, i still haven't had time to take off the fuel tank and clean it out, so I'm hoping it's just gunk in the tank that's causing the issue.

Also, need to cut off the operators floor and weld on new metal, it's rotted out. The seat is also seized and won't swivel, which is a real pain in the neck (literally) because i have to bend over the rear of the seat to use the controls.

1493086694480.jpg
1493087123513.jpg
1493087266958.jpg