Looking for new JD model

/ Looking for new JD model #1  

Shleprock

Tractor
John Deere LX280
Hello...new to the forum. I own a 2005 John Deere LX280. Been a great mower for almost 20 years. Has about 700 hours on it. Was looking for a new model that's as close to this model specs as possible (size, hp, deck size, reliability). What are your suggestions? I'm guessing the 300 series? Don't want to get something that's not as heavy duty yet don't want to get something that's too big and beyond what I need. Mainly mow and pull a leaf bagger in the Fall. About 1 acre and pretty flat yard. Thanks for any suggestions.

/ Looking for new JD model #2  
Neighbor upgraded from the 300 to 5 series. 2ac and mowing/ trailer tasks. He loves it and is trading for a new one in a couple weeks.

/ Looking for new JD model #3  
Ever consider just moving to a zero turn? I made the switch 12 years ago, and my only regret is not having done it sooner.

They're useless as t!ts on a bull for plowing snow or other "tractor jobs", but if all your doing is mowing and bagging leaves, it's going to be hard to beat the speed, maneuverability, and fun factor of a nice commercial zero turn.

/ Looking for new JD model #4  
The LX280 is a nice tractor. X3 series is close enough in chassis toughness. Your LX has a nicer transaxle and larger tires than the base models. Do you have the 42" deck or the 48"? Honestly the new decks, the construction and the belt drive of the 48" is much better IMO.