Looking for Trucker

/ Looking for Trucker #1  

lencamp

Tractor
New Holland TC33D
Hi y'all,
I'm a dummy and google is being difficult.

I'm looking for a trucker for a one-time haul of a small industrial tractor from TX to MI. Tractor is 9 ft long and 3000 lbs, not running.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Fort Worth CT-6.jpg

/ Looking for Trucker #3  
I have used uShip myself, give it a few hours for more quotes because the first few seem to be the highest.
Also get as much info. as you can and pictures. so the shipper knows exactly what they will be hauling.

/ Looking for Trucker #4  
I have had good luck with UShip, too

/ Looking for Trucker
Just wanted to say thanks for pointing me to Uship. I got something going with them in about a week. I think it's mostly brokers bidding which is good if you want licensed and insured. I had a couple guys trying to sneak around the bidding for $200 less but I'm scared of those wild cowboys - might even be a scam the way things are today.

The bid I accepted was $1600 + $120 Uship fees + $90 optional insurance ($1000 coverage). Uship needed $500 down and the rest is between me and the broker when the load arrives. This is my first barbeque but it sounds doable and legit. TX is recovering from a winter weather disaster right now. The broker was ready to jump right on it but the shipper wasn't ready till next week. I'll let you know how it turns out.

/ Looking for Trucker #6  
Good to hear you got a shipper.
BTW what is the tractor in your picture??

/ Looking for Trucker #7  
I used uship for my 25 hp tractor with implements from middle GA to north Alabama 3 years ago so I don’t remember cost. But problem free and reasonable. Trucker added one more implement (at added cost) because he had room on trailer.

/ Looking for Trucker #8  
Hey, that looks like an old airport tug. Perhaps for a luggage train. :2cents:

/ Looking for Trucker
They are Clarktor CT-6 WWII aircraft tugs made by Clark in Battle Creek, MI. The blue one is 1943, not sure about the red one, a year older maybe. They're powerful little brutes with Chrysler 230 flathead 6 truck motors, 12 mph top speed. The motor is easy to find parts for but the rest was made by Clark and is very difficult to find parts unless you get your hands on a complete unit and even then they're usually all hacked up. I mean really, they're nearly 80 years old and were in service until a few years ago.

The red one was given to me but I paid dearly for shipping. I wanted it for parts to help restore the blue one. I got lucky and found the blue one 100 miles away and trailered it home myself. Gave $750 for it. The blue one was originally yellow meaning it was stationed stateside at an Army Air Force base. I plan to paint it olive drab which is historically correct. The exact same model painted OD was on every allied airfield during the war. Case and Ford modified tractors for use as tugs also. The Clarks are heavy duty industrial tractors from the git go - the right machine at the right time. At the time they were overkill for baggage tractors - other companies were in that market.

There's a FaceBook group for them.

Everything went well with the hotshot trucker recruited by CHP Logistics on Uship.

TX CT-6.png

/ Looking for Trucker #10  
Just wanted to say thanks for pointing me to Uship. I got something going with them in about a week. I think it's mostly brokers bidding which is good if you want licensed and insured. I had a couple guys trying to sneak around the bidding for $200 less but I'm scared of those wild cowboys - might even be a scam the way things are today.

The bid I accepted was $1600 + $120 Uship fees + $90 optional insurance ($1000 coverage). Uship needed $500 down and the rest is between me and the broker when the load arrives. This is my first barbeque but it sounds doable and legit. TX is recovering from a winter weather disaster right now. The broker was ready to jump right on it but the shipper wasn't ready till next week. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Sometimes you can get just individuals planning to make a trip along or near your origination and destinations and will give you a better rate since they are going anyway. My brother has done it a few times between TX and MO hauling a motorcycle or a car mostly. I have a UShip account and watch for similar loads but none has lined up schedule wise.