Looking for TWO Recommendations: 1) Thermal Imager; and 2)WIFI Booster/Network Extender

/ Looking for TWO Recommendations: 1) Thermal Imager; and 2)WIFI Booster/Network Extender #1  

KilroyJC

Elite Member
Tractor
1962 Case 430, 1995 Craftsman Yard Tractor/mower, 1949 South Bend 9A Lathe, WoodMizer Lx55 sawmill, Kubota KX033-4 Mini-Excavator
Hi all!

indont need a $15G imager, but I don’t want a cheap POS. I am not really warm&fuzzy on the cellphone attachment types,s once I have a flip phone. . .

What one do you have/use? What do you like/dislike about it?

I would also like to be able to get my WIFI signal bubble diameter to be about 50‘ - 75’ more in radius, but at a minimum it could be a long oval on one axis extending on both sides of current coverage by that 50’ - 75’ range.

Any help with these issues is GREATLY appreciated,

/ Looking for TWO Recommendations: 1) Thermal Imager; and 2)WIFI Booster/Network Extender #2  
What do you have now for a wifi router, so we can recommend something better?

/ Looking for TWO Recommendations: 1) Thermal Imager; and 2)WIFI Booster/Network Extender #3  
What router/ap do you have ? I would go to wifi 6 mesh network depending on what you got

/ Looking for TWO Recommendations: 1) Thermal Imager; and 2)WIFI Booster/Network Extender
Currently we are using the telco-provided Arris NVG4438 modem

it is a MAJOR improvement of the NetGear 2200s they used to utilize!

/ Looking for TWO Recommendations: 1) Thermal Imager; and 2)WIFI Booster/Network Extender
Currently we are using the telco-provided Arris NVG4438 modem

it is a MAJOR improvement of the NetGear 2200s they used to utilize!
I am also over 24000 wire feet from the CO. three service calls ago, the tech said the telco should never have given us DSL, but since they did, they have to make it work.

yesterday morning:
3D3D6278-1B20-4C7A-9D3B-9B9A6A3FB803.jpeg

/ Looking for TWO Recommendations: 1) Thermal Imager; and 2)WIFI Booster/Network Extender #7  
That's un-usable. I'd just use a cell phone as a hot spot.

/ Looking for TWO Recommendations: 1) Thermal Imager; and 2)WIFI Booster/Network Extender #8  
That looks close to what I was getting with Hughesnet. I got the "best effort" from starlink and it varies a lot but even the low end data rate is significantly faster. This mornings speed is a little slow, I've seen it up around 100 most times.

Attachments

• Starlink12252022.jpg
    Starlink12252022.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 63
   / Looking for TWO Recommendations: 1) Thermal Imager; and 2)WIFI Booster/Network Extender #9  
Depending on what kind of cell coverage you have you may check with your cellular provider on what hot spot device package they offer. We are using a Hot spot box from Verizon, both the wife and I work off of it all day and have not issues. I got rid of my local ISP because in rural areas they often suck.

I second's @hiddentacocatneddih recommendation of the Mesh. I have a 3 node Mesh and love it. I was having issues with coverage in our brick home and tried expensive routers with supposed great coverage and had issues with them until I got the Mesh network. The main node is in my wife's office then I have a node in my office and one in the main living area.

I have this one