Looking Kioti 45 or 55?

/ Looking Kioti 45 or 55? #1  

rogdan

Gold Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC TLB
Please offer your opinion as to the uses listed in my bio. I liked the DK45S very much and this was suggested by my dealer over the DK55 for my needs. My only concern is the extra grunt from the larger machine that would be helpful in tasks such as dragging logs, plowing, blading road and trails. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I will go with the FEL, back blade, Brush hog, and maybe BH if the budget allows.
Thanks!

/ Looking Kioti 45 or 55? #2  
I just got my 45 and it seems to have lots of power.were are you located

/ Looking Kioti 45 or 55? #3  
let me guess. He has a 45 in stock but not a 55? If you think a 55 would be better for you needs, I would go that way. When pulling logs & firewood out you can never go too big in my opinion. I use a DK65s & a farmi 501 winch for my own firewood work, and it works great.

/ Looking Kioti 45 or 55? #4  
I have the 45s and am very pleased with it but I would have gone with the new 65 but for 2 very good reasons.
#1 The Wife
#2 Have woods to maintain and thought that the 65 might be a tad large for maneuverability.

Price the 65 vs the 55 and see what the difference is. I found that from the 30 to the 45 wasn't very much in price increase.

Love My (Our) 45s /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Looking Kioti 45 or 55? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Please offer your opinion as to the uses listed in my bio. I liked the DK45S very much and this was suggested by my dealer over the DK55 for my needs. My only concern is the extra grunt from the larger machine that would be helpful in tasks such as dragging logs, plowing, blading road and trails. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I will go with the FEL, back blade, Brush hog, and maybe BH if the budget allows.
Thanks! )</font>

I bought a DK45S for my 11 acres because it's all hillside property and I'll be clearing quite a few trees and moving a bit of dirt too.

I see in your profile you have 95 acres, unless that's completely flat, I'd go for the DK55 for sure, and add a cab to it too. The two tractors are very similar in size, the DK55 has a two inch longer wheel base if memory serves, but the turning diameter is only slightly wider, and the extra torque provided by the turbo engine will be needed for some impliments you're likely to acquire.

In fact, with that much acreage, you might even consider a DK65.

/ Looking Kioti 45 or 55?
Thank for the replies:
GMTECH-I am near Morgantown in North Central WV
NY Kioti- He had at least one each of the DK's on the lot , I am afraid to over size because I want to operate in the woods to rehab old log roads for ATV riding and to pull logs out for firewood. The cab models are nice but wouldn't last in our thick brushywoods.
Sarge- I'm with you all the way /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
fastpat- I have only 20-25 open acres and it is hilly as well. The woods will be only accessed as mentioned above.
Anyone know the general price difference between the two with loader installed?

/ Looking Kioti 45 or 55? #7  
I do not know the price difference for the 45s - 55 or 65s but the price between the 30 - 35 & 45 was only about 3 higher for the 45s vs the 30 and about 1500 vs the 35. The 45 had more options that also increased the price so it was not only a HP decision. I'm also wooded with about 22 acres. Spent last weekend moving and spreading gravel with the FEL but have yet to use any PTO implements. You can't go wrong with a Kioti but I love the HP /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tilling, and large areas to Bush Hog - I'd want the 65s /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Looking Kioti 45 or 55? #8  
Physical size is not a bunch different between a 45, 55, or 65 but there is a difference in weight..... and you can get all three in ROPS versions.... you don't need to get a cab, although its nice in the winter.

The winches are big time savers for doing firewood, I would look into one.

/ Looking Kioti 45 or 55?
Called another Kioti dealer this week but no DK models on the lot and won't get a spring order in until next month. I'm in no hurry in the decision making process and will continue to look.

/ Looking Kioti 45 or 55? #10  
I narrowed the choice down to a DK 55 and a DK45s last fall and selected the DK45s. As much as I hate to admit it for what I have done so far (cut grass, landscaping, moving small amts of dirt) the dk45s has more than enough power...all most too much at times (for me) /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
But I think I will be glad for the extra power when I am plowing in april.
There was also that time I pulled my truck out of "suction mud"... and there was that pickup I pulled out of the ditch after it took out my mailbox... and that log/tree I dragged off the trail(because I did not have time then to cut it up)... and well you get the point- there are always the many unplanned things that pop up where that extra horsepower is nice.
Long story short I am happy with my choice the DK45s is a big tractor with lots of power.
Sit on both and trust your gut. It seems like Kioti makes a good tractor both larger and smaller than my DK45s.

Dan