Buying Advice Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #1  

KanakaRick

Silver Member
Tractor
KIoti DK50S
Several years ago, a friend of mine was selling his (i think the year is) 2004 Kioti DK50C, and my wife wouldn't let me buy it (long story)- but I talked my neighbor into purchasing it. Now he wants to sell it as he is buying a New CAT tracked skidsteer. My neighbors and I share a 1 mile long driveway that we have to plow to keep open (400 inches of snow so far this year). So for the last few years I have been driving this tractor and it drives great with no issues. So he wants to sell it now. He wants $30k for it- but it has a lot of attachments that comes with it. It has 950 hours on it, and my tractor mechanic says it is a great deal. Here's what its got:

4wd w Cab
New chains on all 4 wheels
Gannon Box
Quick attach bucket on front
Articulating plow blade
Bucket
Grapple
Kioti Backhoe with 2 buckets
New Kioti PTO Wood Chipper
New PTO post hole digger with 2 bore sizes
Forks
Tires are in really good condition
The use of his trailer to haul it anywhere I want

The area I live in doesn't have a large population of people who own tractors. There is no farming here and most of the properties are in sub-divisions and they pay plow services to do their plowing. I tried to get a plow service to do ours, but no one is interested. They make much more money working the subdivisons than they would plowing our road. We used to have a plow guy who would do our driveway for $250 a time. If he was doing it this year, our bill would have been $5000 by now. The point being made, is there aren't a lot of used tractors locally, so prices may be higher. I need something with horsepower to keep our road open.

I figure I can do work locally with the tractor to offset the cost. I will most likely use all the implements.

Is the price reasonable? The mechanic said that if the tractor was posted in the paper with all those attachments, it would be gone in one day. And like I said, I have probably 50 hours running the tractor and it runs great. New, that tractor cost $27,500..... Also any known issues with the 2004 model?

Fair deal? Tractor Front L.jpg

Last edited:
   / Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #2  
4wd w Cab = $18,000
New chains on all 4 wheels = $500
Gannon Box = $1000
Quick attach bucket on front $0
Articulating plow blade = $1,500
Bucket = $0
Grapple = $1,700
Kioti Backhoe with 2 buckets = $5,000
New Kioti PTO Brush Chipper = $1,500
New PTO post hole digger with 2 bore sizes = $900
Forks = $300

$30,400

Is the price reasonable? New, that tractor cost $27,500.....Fair deal?

Just took a shot in the dark at my evaluations.

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #4  
It doesn't look like a bad deal for either party.Big plus is that you have operated the machine and know it's capabilities and condition.That is low hours for the year.

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c
Actually, here are some photos of the attachments: A Backhoe.jpgA Bucket & Forks.jpgA Grapple.jpgA Post Hole Digger.jpgA PTO Chipper.jpg

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #6  
Several years ago, a friend of mine was selling his (i think the year is) 2004 Kioti DK50C, and my wife wouldn't let me buy it (long story)- but I talked my neighbor into purchasing it. Now he wants to sell it as he is buying a New CAT tracked skidsteer. My neighbors and I share a 1 mile long driveway that we have to plow to keep open (400 inches of snow so far this year). So for the last few years I have been driving this tractor and it drives great with no issues. So he wants to sell it now. He wants $30k for it- but it has a lot of attachments that comes with it. It has 950 hours on it, and my tractor mechanic says it is a great deal. Here's what its got:

4wd w Cab
New chains on all 4 wheels
Gannon Box
Quick attach bucket on front
Articulating plow blade
Bucket
Grapple
Kioti Backhoe with 2 buckets
New Kioti PTO Wood Chipper
New PTO post hole digger with 2 bore sizes
Forks
Tires are in really good condition
The use of his trailer to haul it anywhere I want

The area I live in doesn't have a large population of people who own tractors. There is no farming here and most of the properties are in sub-divisions and they pay plow services to do their plowing. I tried to get a plow service to do ours, but no one is interested. They make much more money working the subdivisons than they would plowing our road. We used to have a plow guy who would do our driveway for $250 a time. If he was doing it this year, our bill would have been $5000 by now. The point being made, is there aren't a lot of used tractors locally, so prices may be higher. I need something with horsepower to keep our road open.

I figure I can do work locally with the tractor to offset the cost. I will most likely use all the implements.

Is the price reasonable? The mechanic said that if the tractor was posted in the paper with all those attachments, it would be gone in one day. And like I said, I have probably 50 hours running the tractor and it runs great. New, that tractor cost $27,500..... Also any known issues with the 2004 model?

Fair deal? View attachment 499691

I too, am only guessing, but would say ...yes, it is a fair deal.
If you were to price it out new, with all attachments, from a dealer,+ tax, I think you might be pushing $40K.

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #7  
Actually, here are some photos of the attachments:

I'm too high on the backhoe, it's closer to $3,500 or less. And that's only if you need it.

I'm not a fan of bucket forks either. But that's getting picky.

Anyway, now my total is at $28,900.

A man has to be careful about "bundle" deals. You'll buy attachments that you rarely, if ever use. For example, you list the chipper as "new" and there it sits under a tree. :)

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c
The chipper has low hours on it. But it is where he left it. I can use it all. I may need to get a brush cutter.

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #9  
Pictures usually make things look better than they actually are. That said, the backhoe appears to have been used a lot and worst part, it appears to have sat outside a LOT. So, assuming he bought it when he bought the tractor, it will start requiring repairs if used frequently. Especially hoses and cylinder seals.

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #10  
So the neighbor has the machine but you use it all the time to keep the road open etc. He is going to get a new machine....which I assume he will ask/want you to drive to keep the road open.
I've see deals like this all the time- one party provides parts and the other labor- it's typically a win win. If it was me I'd keep that deal going- especially if you enjoy the seat time.
If the other party were to post his side of the story on this site I'd have one word for him- shrewd!