Buying Advice Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c
The guy who originally owned the tractor had it at a 2nd home ranch that he infrequently visited. None of the equipment was used that much. He kept the tractor inside, and apparently kept the backhoe outside. I use a back hoe a lot (even for "weeding"- a little overkill for weeding, but it saves my back).

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #12  
So the neighbor has the machine but you use it all the time to keep the road open etc. He is going to get a new machine....which I assume he will ask/want you to drive to keep the road open.
I've see deals like this all the time- one party provides parts and the other labor- it's typically a win win. If it was me I'd keep that deal going- especially if you enjoy the seat time.
If the other party were to post his side of the story on this site I'd have one word for him- shrewd!

I didn't take it that way at all. The "other party" is buying a new CTL. Wish the neighbor I traded help with had a new CTL......

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #13  
You have a need for this tractor and implements
You have the desire and funds
You have knowledge and experience using them
You trust the seller
Make him an offer , see what he says.

Not quite that easy. The Cat is 100hp with a blower. He is going in on it with another neighbor who uses it in the summer for his excavation business. We all take turns doing the road. Up until now, I have been using another friend's 20 year old 16hp New Holland (without a cab) and it has been frigid. Been using that for 15 years. Below zero outside, icecicles hanging off my nose, neck cranked using a small pto blower on the back of that little tractor. Brutal life. So it boils down to I will be doing the grading and finish with the tractor and they will be using the blower to blow the snow far away.

I was curious if his pricing "was in the ballpark"... I think I got my answer. This is a pretty high rent district, and I trust my mechanics opinion- I just wanted to confirm with others if the price was close. He doesn't "need the money" and is quite well to do- his price is firm. I've got the money, and since the price is in the ballpark, I will probably buy it. Plus he will let me use his trailer to move it around, so that is one less item I need to buy right now. Any known issues with that year and model? Anything to be on the look out for?

Also, if neither of them is around, I can use the CTL.... we're one big happy family here

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #17  
Also, if neither of them is around, I can use the CTL.... we're one big happy family here

That was my point.

I think you are on track and if the bulk of the attachments fit your needs, go for it!!! Update us on the decision with pictures of use of course. :)

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #18  
I would buy a new one and whatever attachments you need instead of all that stuff you might not need. It's 13 years old, things are going to start needing repair or replacement and I'd rather have a warranty and brand new. Even if it costs a couple thousand extra to get the attachments I'd say that's a better route.

Brett

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #19  
I think you'll be happy with your purchase sounds fair.

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #20  
The only issue that I'm aware of on the older DK's was the injector pump. I'm not sure if 2004 was included in the injector pump issue that some had. If you do a search you can find it.