Buying Advice Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c
To be honest, after I talked with the local mechanic (he said if I didn't buy it and the neighbor placed it in on craigslist for the price mentioned, it would be gone in a day), and then I posted on this forum and at first everyone said it was a reasonable deal, I pulled the trigger. Then came in the negative responses on the forum, and I though- GREAT, now look what I did.... But it is what it is. The mechanic seems to think it is in great mechanical condition. I think you are right on the BH- I've used it and it seems to work fine with not a lot of leaks. I've driven the tractor for maybe 3 years in the winter (borrowing it from my neighbor to do our shared snow plowing on our driveway). It's always started right up and worked fine. Now that it is mine, I am finding a bunch of little stuff that needs to be replaced (combination switch, the old work flood lights don't shine bright enough for me to see how close to the gravel the blade is when plowing snow at night, the radio & speakers suck, antenna broken, headlight fuse blown etc), so I am just futzing around replacing stuff and getting a feel for it. I am impressed by the ease of accessibilty of getting to parts to replace them. I am hoping that I got a fair deal, but at this point, it is what it is so I am moving forward. I may have to get some summer jobs to help pay it off, so the extra pieces will be helpful. I know it wasn't a GREAT deal, I'm just hoping it was a fair deal.

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #32  
It doesn't matter what a bunch of Internet loafers, me included, say. It's as good of deal as you think it is. And now, it's a done deal!!! Congrats on your new tractor!!! :)

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #33  
Don't worry about the peanut gallery. We tend to consider only 1 in 100 deals "great" while in fact many used tractor deals like your own are really excellent. You know this tractor. It ain't a pig in a poke. You have operated the tractor, you know it fits and does the work you want. The implements all look great to me. I don't even see evidence that the grapple has been used and the chipper is essentially new. The post hole digger looks like it has had an easy life too. The only implement I didn't like was the clamp on forks and that's because I don't like clamp on forks. You got a very fair deal on a reliable tractor that you know will do the jobs you need to do. What else could you ask for?

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c #34  
You did fine.

- can now start adding up what it was worth to you to have it available to do some work,
and after a few years time, it will actually start paying you every time another job is done. Eventually you end up with a tractor that has more than paid for itself and still has considerable re-sale value

Smile- you are now a tractor and multiple implement owner, welcome to the club:thumbsup:

/ Looking to buy my neighbor's Kioti DK50c
Yeah, thanks for the follow up. My friend has a 16 hp new holland which he uses for landscaping and he says it has paid for itself dozens of times. I plan on keeping this one for a long time, and since I am retired, I can opt to do side jobs without worrying about "making a living" doing it. I have a lot of other irons in the fire, so everything should work out. Looking forward to using it this summer.