Loose wheel bolts

/ Loose wheel bolts #21  
(2025 R Wheel came off) Yes I have. I bought a new 2021 2025 R John Deer and the wheel came completely off. it is only 11 months old when it happened. JD refused to repair the tractor. Charged me $300.00 to tell me the cost of the repair. ($3500.00) and I have injuries caused by the accident. If all goes well I plan on taking this to the end of time. Any comments related to this problem will be greatly appreciated. All information will be helpful for a possible class action suit. This would force John Deer to fix the design problem of the wheel mounting. And could possibly prevent any future accidents. Cost to repair my tractor from the wheel falling off is $3500.00. Plus a bad injury. Thanks Again.
how loose were they when you bought it? how often did you check them after?

/ Loose wheel bolts #22  
Lots of stories where big payouts come from frivolous lawsuits. We the customers will pay for them because the big company just recovers their losses by increased prices.
We remember the hot coffee in the lap awarded big money from McDonalds. Not right, but only need to convince the jury. Good luck.

Last edited:
   / Loose wheel bolts #23  
I read about this condition about fifteen years ago. So..... when I got my brand new 2009 Kubota - better part of three hours - every wheel nut taken off - blue Lok Tite - retorque. BTW - not a single one was loose.

/ Loose wheel bolts #24  
I thought bringing this to everyone’s attention would help others. But it seems as if your are employees of John Deer. Just explain why just one wheel came off and the other 3 wheels were at the torque value.and all 4 wheels were torqued. And some dealers fixed under warranty and some don’t. Well I will continue my journey against unfair service practice, and other details concerning injuries from this experience.
It is unfortunate this happened to you.

The ballast lawsuit paid $5 million for another person not reading his owners manual. Jury orders John Deere to pay $5 million for Stillwater man's tractor death

It is unfortunate in this litigious society that we now live in people think they have no personal responsibility. There are thousands of tractors in this country that have never had a wheel fall off. So if you failed to check the lug bolts or nuts and only you know if you did or not, how does the blame get transferred to JD?

There are thousands of pieces of equipment that use lug bolts that have never had a wheel fall off. So to claim that the lug bolts are a problem is a stretch.

The fact that you want people to help you to sue JD but you do not want to give out any information as to how this accident happen just does not pass the smell test. Giving some detail as to what the design problem might lend some standing for a lawsuit. Some how $3500 of damage seams high for a wheel coming off at the working speed of a small tractor.

I have first hand knowledge of a axle coming off of a tractor. It was nowhere near $3500 to repair it.

No I do not work for John Deere.

/ Loose wheel bolts #25  
Why did a 20 year old post get refreshed by a new member asking for lawsuit?
Torque your wheels according to manual direction and if you are lazy use some "Tamper Detection Marker".

/ Loose wheel bolts #26  
I hope the lawsuit comes to a conclusion quickly so you and Deere can part ways for ever.

What do you have in mind for your next tractor?

/ Loose wheel bolts #27  
Don't fall off John Deere either.. if it happened on your Deere, it was a rare occasion or a pre-planned "accident" or something unrelated to a wheel (which just happened to "come off").

Why didn’t the other 15 bolts come loose. All were torqued.
If 15 bolts were not loose, then one loose bolt won't allow a wheel to come off. No way, Jose.
Better sharpen your argument a bit, or you won't win this frivolous suit.

Last edited:
   / Loose wheel bolts #28  
So, I'll play devil's advocate as the JD attorney......

"sir, how could you loose 5 bolts off the wheel without you noticing that they were gone or loose?"
"And... you didn't notice the wheel wobble when you were using it?"
"Did you do any pre-check of the tractor before you used it?"
"How about doing the maintenance listed on page xxx, paragraph xxx, where it states that wheel bolts needed to be checked and re-torqued?"

"Your Honor, we are clearly not at fault and did not cause any injury or damage due to a manufacturer defect. Clearly the owner did not follow the recommendations posted here in the manual."

Good luck with that lawsuit.... JD has deep pockets and a very large efficient legal staff. If they don't want to be bothered, they might offer a settlement to cover the cost of repairs.... good luck with anything else....

/ Loose wheel bolts #29  
You must be a dummcrat. Each wheel has 5 bolts. 5 bolts per wheel equals 20 bolts total. 5 bolts fell out. Sorry I lost you. That is simple math. Oh well they do have teachers that can help you with math.
All the 2025r's I've seen have 6lugs for the rear and 4 on the front.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Loose wheel bolts #30  
Lots of stories where big payouts come from frivolous lawsuits. We the customers will pay for them because the big company just recovers their losses by increased prices.
We remember the hot coffee in the lap awarded big money from McDonalds. Not right, but only need to convince the jury. Good luck. But hope you lose.
You need to research teh McD’s coffee suit before spouting out on how frivolous you think it is.

Basically McD’s had hundreds of cases a year from people being scalded by their coffee. Someone at McD’s decided that coffee should be served at 180F. It retains the flavor longer at that heat, and they don’t have to brew it as often or waste as much because it goes stale. The manufacturers thermostat is set for 140, with a thermal fuse to kill the heating element at 150F. McD’s had their maintenance folks by pass the thermostat and the thermal fuse. Both of which are code violations. I quit buying coffee at McD’s before the law suit, because by the time your coffee was actually cool enough to drink, your breakfast was cold. There are lots of other fast food joints selling breakfast and coffee you can drink with your breakfast.

Plaintiff asked for her medical expenses and no punitive damages. McD’s said sue us. So they did. Jury found them negligent for not lowering the temperature in response to complaints, and injuries, and for bypassing the manufacturers safety devices. Jury awarded medical costs, and IIRC, two or three days of their coffee sales as punitive. And yes it was quite high, but reasonably determined in my mind.

The punitive damages were later reduced by the judge. McD’s is lucky I wasn’t their judge. Id have brought their upper management, and Board of directors into court dressed in sweat pants, and set up one of their coffee machines. Brewed a fresh batch, and given them the chance to reduce the award by the percentage of those willing to pour a cup of their coffee on their crotches.

Any guesses on how many would be willing to do it, after seeing the photos of here injuries?