lost trigger finger

/ lost trigger finger #1  

mikim

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC45
first - i set the stage 30 years ago when i welded a 25 - 30 lb scrap weight on top of my t post driver. Sunday i was using it to drive an 8 ft ground rod for lightning protection at my gate opener. on the up stroke i lifted it just a bit too high, it came off the rod and as i bobbled it - it came back down on my right index finger that some how just happened to be positioned on top of that steel rod. The damage was so great that they had to amputate. i will now be learning how to do thin gs left handed for awhile, and then use my middle finger for other than expressing anger. Be careful out there folks - even the hand operation mundane stuff can hurt you.

/ lost trigger finger #2  
mikim,

Sorry to hear about this ... may you heal fast and as pain-free as possible.

/ lost trigger finger #3  
DANG... hope the Dr's given some pain killers,take it easy for while.

/ lost trigger finger #4  
Sorry to hear of your injury - check into an "occupational therapist" for help compensating for the loss of the finger.

Must be 5 times I've come close to injuring myself driving t-posts with one of those drivers, but it luckily hit me in the head, where there's nothing to injure.

/ lost trigger finger #5  
I was building a privacy fence a few years ago, using an air-nailer. The gun bounced and promptly landed on my thumb and nailed me to the fence. Luckily, it missed the bone and I was able to free myself with no permanent damage. Even the simplest things can cause major injuries.

My wishes for a speedy recovery and a good outcome on the use of your hand.

/ lost trigger finger #6  
Sure sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how painful that was, and probably still is. Hope it heals quickly.

/ lost trigger finger #7  
Oh man, that makes me cringe. Hope it starts feeling better.

/ lost trigger finger #8  
I lost mine a few decades ago, at this stage you may as well look for some humor it. Just after losing mine I kept having people come up to ask, were they able to save it, This is how I dealt with it, my response was that not only did they save it, they gift wrapped it for me. Surprised a few folks. One woman nearly fainted when I wiggled it!

Attachments

• finger 2.jpg
    finger 2.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 337
  • finger 3.jpg
    finger 3.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 278
  • fingers 1.jpg
    fingers 1.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 326
   / lost trigger finger #9  
Sorry to hear about your injury.
May you heal quickly and painlessly.

/ lost trigger finger
I lost mine a few decades ago, at this stage you may as well look for some humor it. Just after losing mine I kept having people come up to ask, were they able to save it, This is how I dealt with it, my response was that not only did they save it, they gift wrapped it for me. Surprised a few folks. One woman nearly fainted when I wiggled it!
THAT'S FUNNY! LOL...They had to take mine off all the way down. Dr said if the little stump he left gets in the way, he can actually take that knuckle off and make it a smooth transition from thumb to middle digit. He opted to leave it for now cause ya can't "cut the board longer". (my quote, not his).
Bird -- pain is manageable with hydrocodon....not hardly a bother today -- yesterday was not good....but I felt good enough today to go out and put the tractor away -- Bernice will certainly say something about that....can I interest anybody in standing in for me when she comes home from work???