LOTS of junk ads on email

/ LOTS of junk ads on email #21  
Open their email, and somewhere down at the bottom there should be a link to "unsubscribe".
You are using this with only vendors you know, but its problematic if you don't know the vendor. In that case, the minute you click "unsubscribe" the rogue spammer *knows* they have a live person at the end of that email address.

To fight spam, I just create an email rule so that emails go directly to the trash folder. Sometimes that is a single email address, sometimes an entire domain no matter who at that domain is the author.

/ LOTS of junk ads on email #22  
The advice about having a separate email address for commerce is what I use. To prevent spam from your personal acct. look up how to use rules for your email program. You can easily create a rule that blocks everyone that is not in your address book.

/ LOTS of junk ads on email #23  
A bit OT, but semi-related...what does it mean when some websites have a pop-up asking if you want them to send notifications? Send them where, and what do they send? I always click no, but I'm curious what these "notifications" are.

/ LOTS of junk ads on email #24  
I get 15>20>30 every single day. The price of visiting certain web sites. I just delete and go on about my business. Eventually they quit.

However - be careful. They ask if you want to delete your email address. Want you to go their site and delete. You have automatically let them know that you opened their trashmail.

Last edited:
   / LOTS of junk ads on email #25  
I just dumped gmail. 100 junkers a day was too too much for me.
I have been using Protonmail for 18 months now and never had any junk or spam at all. It is a secure email and is free. I use Brave browser and dont get any ads or pop-ups at all.

/ LOTS of junk ads on email #26  
I do enjoy the 2% with useful info however. Fretting daily increases my risk of heart disease and Cancer.

/ LOTS of junk ads on email #27  
Both my wife and I have been getting LOTS of junk email ads.

What do you do to block these things, or whatever?

On Outlook underneath the "home", there's a Junk selection. We click it and then OK.

Ralph
You probably need to go one step further. In Outlook go to 'Settings', the 'View More Settings'. Once there, select 'Subscriptions'. Then you can block those spammers. First time for me, I had to clear out probably a hundred sites. After that I only have a few to delete every few months.

Even this extra step doesn't keep out 100% of the trash, but it certainly makes a big difference.

/ LOTS of junk ads on email #28  
No doubt some of you know all our info is for sale. Some even offer unlisted phone numbers, private email address and so forth. In my business we buy some info from time to time but we only buying mailing addresses info.
My office has five I think email addresses due to spam. We are limited on the programs we can use to suit our email needs and yes the address for each of these account are given out to some and even advertise some of the address so we get spam. We have found it best for us to just select them as junk or spam and block it. No if it is a legit company we normally use the unsubscribe request. I am amazed not a the true junk emails but the spam emails for legit companies. Makes we really wonder about them.

/ LOTS of junk ads on email #29  
If you unsubscribe from a lot of these it lets them know that your address is still active so they keep sending them. Unsubscribe does not work in the majority of cases. I dumped my email and got a new one so now I am careful who I give it to. So far so good.
My friends wife gave donations to some charities as she felt she was doing good. NOT SO. They informed other charities and she began getting requests from them too. Nasty. She had to stop donating in the end.

For me, GMail was the worst and it all started when my brother lost his iPhone.
He had my email address in it and I started getting emails from 'him' and then hundreds of others.
He was very apologetic but that doesn't help.
DON"T put other peoples email addresses in your phone address books.

Last edited: