Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #1  

bigcummins03

Bronze Member
Tractor
2022 Shopping Around
The one thing I can say is I love everything about it with the cab and HST+. That transmission is a must with my gimp right leg. The cab won’t go without that either.

Only reason not happy is with the loader capability. Just isn’t enough. We have 15 wooded acres and steep hills too. Thing wouldn’t hardly climb the hillside I need to get work done on. Yes in Low low. Had pallet forks and rake on the back so wasn’t over loaded.

Running R1s so not missing traction either lol. We aren’t doing any field work plowing or lots of cutter work as it’s not needed. So didn’t need a high HP for the PTO usage. They had this on the lot and was tired of waiting. Just wishing we had the la1055.

Dealer is working with us to see what we can do as it’s only been a week. Question I have is will just the l4760 be enough. My concern isn’t just going to the bigger loader now but being able to climb these hill sides too. And would like to be able to with a load. Asking cause they have 1 on the lot but don’t have a loader in stock yet. And don’t know how long the wait for it is yet. Or will I need to step up to the turbo version? Don’t want to be going to too high of a payment as this LE helps keep that payments low.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #2  
Most here recommend more than 40-horsepower (net) for a cab Grand L.

Kubota L4060 Power
Engine (gross):42 hp
31.3 kW
Engine (net):40 hp
29.8 kW

The cab adds 375 pounds to tractor weight.

It takes three horsepower to power air conditioning.

Kubota L4060 Weight
3737 lbs
1695 kg (DT ROPS)
3748 lbs
1700 kg (GST ROPS)
3759 lbs
1705 kg (hydro ROPS)
4134 lbs
1875 kg (hydro cab)

4,134 pounds hydro cab + 1,279 pounds FEL = 5,413 pounds

5,413 pounds / 40 horsepower = 135 pounds per horsepower.

5,413 pounds / 37 horsepower = 146 pounds per horsepower.

Is your L4060 equipped with "loaded" rear tires or wheel weights?

Last edited:
   / Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #3  
Sounds like something hydraulic is out of adjustment.Assume that you know(with HST) to let up to get more power.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #4  
Only reason not happy is with the loader capability. Just isn’t enough. We have 15 wooded acres and steep hills too.

Out of curiousity, can you explain what it is you're finding insufficient? What are you lifting, with what implement, etc?

I ask as someone with a 4701 about two weeks out (it's at the dealership, just waiting on tires to come in). We have 28 acres, 15 of which are wooded, so I'm curious to understand what work you're doing and how the LA805 is failing you.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition
It does have loaded rear tires. Sorry forgot to add that. I also didn’t have the AC running knowing it would rob power just in case.

Out of curiousity, can you explain what it is you're finding insufficient? What are you lifting, with what implement, etc?

I ask as someone with a 4701 about two weeks out (it's at the dealership, just waiting on tires to come in). We have 28 acres, 15 of which are wooded, so I'm curious to understand what work you're doing and how the LA805 is failing you.

As stated it was the forks as the grapple was too heavy. At least that was my hope. Even with the forks still not cutting it. The log I was lifting I figured was too heavy but the rock I tried to get surprised me that it was too heavy. Got retaining walls to build and now I fear the limestone is gonna be too much for this loader.

Sounds like something hydraulic is out of adjustment.Assume that you know(with HST) to let up to get more power.

Can you elaborate on “let”? I assume you mean not be using any other thing that’ll take away from the hydraulics. And rev the engine up. If so then yes. Wasn’t moving anything else and revved up max too.

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #8  
It does have loaded rear tires. Sorry forgot to add that.

4,134 pounds hydro cab + 1,279 pounds FEL + 400 pounds tire fill = 5,813 pounds.

5,813 pounds / 40 horsepower = 145 pounds per horsepower.

I understand wanting loaded tires on hills. However, there is only so much 40-horsepower can accomplish.

Just wishing we had the la1055.

For the higher capacity LA1055 FEL you will have to move up to the L4760. (LA1055 weight = 1,411 pounds)

47 / 40 = 17.5% horsepower increase.

5,945 pounds / 47 horsepower = 126 pounds per horsepower.

Question I have is will the l4760 be enough?

Probably not enough power transporting heavier LA1055 loads.

Last edited:
   / Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition #9  
As stated it was the forks as the grapple was too heavy. At least that was my hope. Even with the forks still not cutting it. The log I was lifting I figured was too heavy but the rock I tried to get surprised me that it was too heavy. Got retaining walls to build and now I fear the limestone is gonna be too much for this loader.

Thanks..saw you mentioned forks but you hadn't mentioned what it was you were lifting. What size log/what species were you trying to lift? What forks do you have (what do they weigh?)

Question I have is will the l4760 be enough?

Probably not enough power transporting heavier LA1055 loads.

That’s my worry. However going up the hills will usually be unloaded. Just need to be able to get up the darn hill lol.