Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition

/ Love hate our new L4060 HSTC limited edition
Make sure you have heavy ballast on the rear. A rake is pretty light. The difference between a L3560, l4060 & the bigger Grands is the front axle. The bigger axle let's them put the bigger loader on. Different engines & some different tires but the rest of the chassis is the same.

Front axle seals & bearings are a weak spot on the L4060. Heavy rear ballast unloads weight off the front axle & prolongs their life when carrying heavy things.

Every machine has a weak spot. My old L3200 had insufficient ballast to keep the back end down even with a rotary cutter & couple feed bags on the back. My L4060 either has a weak spot of the front axle or hydraulics. Ideally the hydraulic relief valve being the weak spot is your best case scenario.

I'm in Colorado (-20% oxygen & HP) so my L4060 runs like a L3560 here. I road my machine a lot from job to job. On steep public roads it drops down to around 6.5mph. On flat ground it's around 12. Downhill with a tailwind is 15. I also run a huge flail mower. So I would like more HP & a L6060, but what I have gets the job done very adequately.

Got a heavy box blade on the back that I also welded a piece of railroad tie to it too.