Lowe's closing 50 stores !

/ Lowe's closing 50 stores ! #2  
We have 4 within a 30 mile radius and all seem to be booming. They have been adding brands and expanding stock like crazy. I see more cars in their parking lots than Home Depot. HD still carries stuff Lowes does not but not so much the other way around. I find I need both but HD is twice as far to go.

Ron

/ Lowe's closing 50 stores ! #3  
Fine print is that over 30 are in Canada.

/ Lowe's closing 50 stores ! #4  
We have 4 within a 30 mile radius and all seem to be booming. They have been adding brands and expanding stock like crazy. I see more cars in their parking lots than Home Depot. HD still carries stuff Lowes does not but not so much the other way around. I find I need both but HD is twice as far to go.

Ron

I like HD better but nothing I'd drive more than a few extra miles for.

/ Lowe's closing 50 stores ! #5  
I shop Lowe's and Home Depot. Each one carry a few different items and certainly different brands and suppliers of the same type of items they both carry.

Fortunately they are only 2 miles apart. :)
Unfortunately they are about 40 miles away from me. :(

/ Lowe's closing 50 stores ! #6  
It amazed me to have a store with help, and zero lines at checkout! Guess that just had to go! Americans have no idea how good they have it. Shopping in Canada is like shopping in the former Soviet Union.

/ Lowe's closing 50 stores !
I get better prices from my local mom and pop hardware store than Lowes, or HD.
only problem with mom and pop is, their store hours are limited and they don't have everything I may need on hand

/ Lowe's closing 50 stores ! #9  
I have 3 Lowes within half an hour of my place and the closest one, is by far the best one!! It's in the small town of Lindale and we just think that it's nicer because the people that work there are all small town, country type people. The other two are in Tyler and Longview, which are cities of 100,000 people, and it's impossible to get help, both stores are always a mess, and a lot of the time, the shelves are not kept stocked. Used to be that Home Depot was the messy store, but they got a new manager and really turned it around. Now I go to Home Depot a lot more if it's a couple of miles out of my way. There is a Lowes an hour away that is by far the nicest store that I've ever been to. It's spotless. There are carts in almost every isle and somebody is always available to help you out. They just keep coming up to you to see if you need anything, and you don't even have to ask for help loading up, at least one, and usually two people are there wanting to help.

Sad to think that Lowes is not doing well, but maybe this is just a minor correction to deal with stores in bad locations? Walmart did something similar in high crime areas. They where losing so much merchandise to theft that it wasn't worthwhile keeping the stores open.

/ Lowe's closing 50 stores ! #10  
I remember seeing some Documentary about a Police Department that was upset about the resources required to attend to the local Walmart.