LP quickhitch for bx

/ LP quickhitch for bx #1  

Tractorrr

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx 2370-1
I am considering the landpride quickhitch but was wandering if anyone has used this and if there are things to be aware of?
Does the hitch move the implement back further making it likely you will have to get a longer pto shaft and toplink?
Is it still easy to hook up on uneven ground or if you just leave the implement on the ground? Thanks

/ LP quickhitch for bx #2  
I use the one from harbor freight. It will move the connection back. All of my PTO shafts had enough slip in them to work fine. The top link also busted adjusted out for releveling vertically a few threads.
It is easy to hook up on the ground but should be kinda level horizontal at the lower pins. I usually throw a block under the low side when setting one down for storage.
Look for the "top hook adaptor" also for those implements that are not QH compatible. About 25 bucks.
Don't get me wrong. I have a lot of landpride stuff. But the harbor freight one does everything that the LP one does at less than half the price.

/ LP quickhitch for bx #3  
The implements for a BX are not very heavy.

Have you considered the purchase of a six foot, iron Spud Bar to help you leverage around implements that crucial 1/4" relatively easily?

Most Spud Bars have a ground tip designed to help with leverage. My local welding shop sells six different types of Spud Bars.

I seek the simplest solution first.

LINK: spud bar in Hand Tools | eBay

/ LP quickhitch for bx #4  
Never used a real quick hitch but have Pat's quick hitch. Long PTO shafts like on mowers you'll probably be okay. Short PTO shafts like on tillers and fertilizer spreaders may be an issue, but a fertilizer spreader probably won't work with a quick hitch anyway (an advantage of the Pat's hitches). A longer toplink shouldn't be necessary with a quick hitch, but may be with the Pat's hitches, but it certainly would be advantageous to get one anyway.

/ LP quickhitch for bx #5  
I have it with my BX and don't have any PTO shaft issues. They all had enough length built in already.

Only thing I don't like about mine is on the new BX2380, I got the rear remote kit and the QH actually hits one of the hydraulic plugs when fully raised. Will have to be very careful about this when I have anything hooked up.

/ LP quickhitch for bx
I saw there is a QH05 that is for subcompact tractors. Do you have to use bushings on the lower link arms with this?

/ LP quickhitch for bx #7  
I saw there is a QH05 that is for subcompact tractors. Do you have to use bushings on the lower link arms with this?

I believe so. I bought a farm ex cat 1, no bushings needed. The nice thing about the qh05 is the spring loaded handles. you line up the implement and lift and it snaps in but you still have to mess with the top link so I don't think it's worth the extra money they ask for them.

/ LP quickhitch for bx #10  
It doesn't look like that has the top link adaptor. I guess the adaptor is used for rotary cutters or finish mowers to allow for up and down movement of the mower?

It does not come with it but ranch ex makes one for $20.00 that I bought for it. Yes I use it for my bush hog.