LS 342 lift problems

/ LS 342 lift problems #1  

muddstopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ventrac, Steiner
I was brush hogging a small field today and the lift on my 3pt just quit. Tractor only has 24 total hrs on it and only 6 of those hrs are using the bushhog. Field had been mowed for hay and all I was doing was knocking down the johnson grass that was in small clumps scattered in the field. I did hear a loud pop which sounded like something breaking. Tractor is full of fluid and the loader and power steering still works, have not tried the remotes or the third function but I think something broke in the lift arms themselves. Of course it was to late to call the dealer and to top it off I blew out one of the trailer tires hauling the tractor home and just left the truck and trailer loaded at my brothers house. Tommorrow will get new tire and bring the tractor home at which time I can unhook the bushhog and try to lift the 3pt arms to see if something is broke. I feel it should be a warranty issue but dealer is 56 miles away and on the other side of the mountain so I would like to trouble shoot myself so I can give good info to dealer before I have to send the tractor to the shop. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what to check..

/ LS 342 lift problems
Well, what should of been a easy day, fix flat, haul tractor home and unload. Nothing is ever that easy. got tire fixed and when I started to pull off, the brakes on the truck felt spongey. Blown brake line on front of truck., Unhook truck, put in brake fluid and drive home to fix the blown line. Got line fixed and bled and drove home. I went to unload the tractor and the bushhog had my ramp mounts blocked so I couldnt get the ramps on the trailer. Since I couldnt lift the bushhog I decided to just back up off the trailer without ramps. Of course the bushhog caught on the trailer frame and wouldnt just slide off. After a little prying and cussing, finally got it freed up and was able to ease off the trailer. Unhooked bushhog and tried my lift arms by hand. Nothing, no resistance at all lifting the arms by hand. I am guessing something broke internal. Called dealer and he said he would come get it next week. Warranty doesnt cover the haul bill and I dont think I want to trust my truck and trailer to haul that distance. 😭😭 Total hours on tractor is 22.9 and this is the second warranty issue, think about it what you will, but I am getting a little irritated.

/ LS 342 lift problems #3  
what is model of tractor?

/ LS 342 lift problems #5  
Well, what should of been a easy day, fix flat, haul tractor home and unload. Nothing is ever that easy. got tire fixed and when I started to pull off, the brakes on the truck felt spongey. Blown brake line on front of truck., Unhook truck, put in brake fluid and drive home to fix the blown line. Got line fixed and bled and drove home. I went to unload the tractor and the bushhog had my ramp mounts blocked so I couldnt get the ramps on the trailer. Since I couldnt lift the bushhog I decided to just back up off the trailer without ramps. Of course the bushhog caught on the trailer frame and wouldnt just slide off. After a little prying and cussing, finally got it freed up and was able to ease off the trailer. Unhooked bushhog and tried my lift arms by hand. Nothing, no resistance at all lifting the arms by hand. I am guessing something broke internal. Called dealer and he said he would come get it next week. Warranty doesnt cover the haul bill and I dont think I want to trust my truck and trailer to haul that distance. 😭😭 Total hours on tractor is 22.9 and this is the second warranty issue, think about it what you will, but I am getting a little irritated.
sorry to hear that i was looking at the mt342 myself. good luck.

/ LS 342 lift problems
sorry to hear that i was looking at the mt342 myself. good luck.
I hate to tell this, but there was nothing wrong with my lift. Somehow I had knocked one of the rear remotes out of neutral and it was robbing oil from the 3pt. shifted the remote into neutral and lift went back to working. A little embarrassing considering I hauled the tractor the 56 miles to the dealer and the mechanic walked over to the tractor and saw the problem right off. Didnt charge me for the fix, but the guy that hauled the tractor didnt cut me any slack, on the haul bill or the simple operator error.

/ LS 342 lift problems #7  
I hate to tell this, but there was nothing wrong with my lift. Somehow I had knocked one of the rear remotes out of neutral and it was robbing oil from the 3pt. shifted the remote into neutral and lift went back to working. A little embarrassing considering I hauled the tractor the 56 miles to the dealer and the mechanic walked over to the tractor and saw the problem right off. Didnt charge me for the fix, but the guy that hauled the tractor didnt cut me any slack, on the haul bill or the simple operator error.
palmface!