LS 4140 bogs down

/ LS 4140 bogs down #1  

WiJay

Tractor
LS 4140
I have a 2019 LS4140, loader,cab,shuttle, 60 hrs, I use it 90% for snow removal past 2 yrs, I have had issues on and off since I purchased it, called the dealer and he suggests the fuel filter, I run filtered, winter blend and add anti-gel. I will let it warm up for 15-20 minutes and when I start out it will just bog down and at times shut down, it will happen under load or no load just driving. It idles fine.
The other complaint I have is this tractor is slower that my riding lawn mower, I have to travel 1.5 miles to my other property to plow snow and I can walk there faster, is this a shuttle shift issue?
Last question has anyone chipped up their LS? Is it worth chipping up from 40hp to 45?
Thanks

/ LS 4140 bogs down #2  
It should travel at 18 mph in high range. From what I read it has a 16 gear transmission. You must have a really fast riding mower. Did you change the fuel filter as the dealer suggested?

/ LS 4140 bogs down #3  
Is your parking brake stuck? I'd jack her up & make sure each wheel spins freely in neutral & go from there. If you're only using it in the winter, do they salt the roads where you are? My parking brake started sticking a little after I got flooded by Ian, so I'd start there.

/ LS 4140 bogs down
It should travel at 18 mph in high range. From what I read it has a 16 gear transmission. You must have a really fast riding mower. Did you change the fuel filter as the dealer suggested?
I had to order the filter, will install friday.

/ LS 4140 bogs down
Is your parking brake stuck? I'd jack her up & make sure each wheel spins freely in neutral & go from there. If you're only using it in the winter, do they salt the roads where you are? My parking brake started sticking a little after I got flooded by Ian, so I'd start there.
No salt at all, parking brake is free, No codes, will find out if it is the fuel filter later this week.

/ LS 4140 bogs down #7  
What range & gear are you in?

/ LS 4140 bogs down #8  
Mine travels at ~15mph in high range, 4th gear. Might hit 18 going down a hill, but roughly 15mph on level road.

Just as an aside, mine started bogging down and felt like it had no power (with no trouble codes) shortly before the hand throttle failed. Not sure if they fixed the issue by the 2019 MY, but that was the issue with mine. Since it was replaced, I haven't had an issue.

/ LS 4140 bogs down #9  
I had a problem on my XR 4145 2015 model of no power going up a hill and had to shift down to lower gears taking forever to get up the hill. I did a lot of research online and did the usual manual regin, filter change fuel cap vent ect. the cure was a suggestion I found online which was to run a can of Cataclean in four gallons of fuel. Its purpose is to clean the DPF filter EGR valve. It fixed my problem and now I can go up the hills in the higher gears with no problem and also getting better fuel economy. Since my regins were at the normal 50 hours I suspect it was a dirty EGR valve or maybe a dirty sensor. I forgot to mention my tractor has 740 hours on it. I hope this helps others who may be having the same problem and I have no affiliation Catacleane other brands may work just as well.